Pashima Placement??

Hi ladies...I have pashimas for all the ladies attending the wedding and I am not sure where or how to display them for my guests. I dont want to pick colors for people, so I dont want to put it in the OOT. I can put them out at the ceremony, cocktail hour, or the reception and I can't decide what's best!!

For all you ladies that gave out pashimas at your wedding, where/when did you put them for your guests to get them?? Also, did the resort provide a basket or something to put them in??

I asked for a basket but didn't get one, they put them out on a table at the reception.

One word of advice, we were on the terrace and I had them set up a table for the guest book and thats where the pashminas were too. Everyone grabbed the pashminas as they were coming in, but it was so windy that everything on the table was flying off! So, it ended up looking really messy because we had to pile things on top of each other so they wouldn't blow away.

Had I known, I would have asked her to setup the cake table and the guest book table just inside the building, because they have those doors open during the reception anyway and we were using that area too. It would have kept them looking nicer and given us more room to dance. They said they would move them for dancing but never did.

Thanks! They were actually really easy.. brown ribbon, sticker paper, circle hole punch, and home printer.. I have file attached in my planning thread. I cut out two of the stickers and backed them up together with the ribbon in between.. then in Mexico, rolled them up for the basket. The Pash's are pretty thin so they didn't take up too much room (medium basket)

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t10415

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly76 View Post
I asked for a basket but didn't get one, they put them out on a table at the reception.

One word of advice, we were on the terrace and I had them set up a table for the guest book and thats where the pashminas were too. Everyone grabbed the pashminas as they were coming in, but it was so windy that everything on the table was flying off! So, it ended up looking really messy because we had to pile things on top of each other so they wouldn't blow away.

Had I known, I would have asked her to setup the cake table and the guest book table just inside the building, because they have those doors open during the reception anyway and we were using that area too. It would have kept them looking nicer and given us more room to dance. They said they would move them for dancing but never did.
Thanks Jilly.....good to know! I am definitely going to pick up a basket to give to Claudia when I get down there now, to make sure that they get placed in one. I am actually only having cocktail hour on the terrace and our reception is in the spa garden area. I am hoping that area will be more sheltered from the wind then the terrace is, so I wont have to worry about the guestbook blowing all over the place.
I think I might just set the basket up at the ceremony for the ladies to grab. Our ceremony is at 4 and it will start getting dark during cocktail hour, which means it gets chilly! Do you think it will look cheese to have a basket of pashs at the last row of chairs?? Maybe I should just wait till cocktail hour. shots.gif Man these little things are starting to drive me nuts!!!
Did all of your guests take the wraps? I dont want to get stuck with any!!

My WC is going to provide a basket for the pashmina's (as well as my flip flops) and I plan to have a server walk around the tables with the basket (as it gets dark and cooler outside) and offer them to the ladies. This way each guest can pick their own color.

Love the tags Angela, I may do that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancunbride2be View Post
Thanks Jilly.....good to know! I am definitely going to pick up a basket to give to Claudia when I get down there now, to make sure that they get placed in one. I am actually only having cocktail hour on the terrace and our reception is in the spa garden area. I am hoping that area will be more sheltered from the wind then the terrace is, so I wont have to worry about the guestbook blowing all over the place.
I think I might just set the basket up at the ceremony for the ladies to grab. Our ceremony is at 4 and it will start getting dark during cocktail hour, which means it gets chilly! Do you think it will look cheese to have a basket of pashs at the last row of chairs?? Maybe I should just wait till cocktail hour. shots.gif Man these little things are starting to drive me nuts!!!
Did all of your guests take the wraps? I dont want to get stuck with any!!

There were a few left but I walked around and made sure everyone had them.

I didn't pay attention, but on the video I saw even they guys flipping for the flip flops (I only bought enough for the girls..oooops!).. I saw a few girls use the pashminas after the reception.. it was a little cooler at the lobby bar , but the reception area was really warm.. lots of people using their fans there..

I didn't hear any complaints about someone not getting one of anything..everyone LOVED the details.. they all commented about how I thought of all their needs (little did they know about the forum and all the great ideas on here!) Nothing would have been missed, but everything was appreciated.