Wedding Favors that help Haiti [PICTURES]

We recently just had our wedding in Punta Cana, and as a nurse, I felt strongly about helping Haiti any way we could. In our prewedding package, I asked my guest to bring something to donate to Haiti. I spoke with the wedding coordinator and she was very touched that we wanted to help out seeing how alot of the workers had family in Haiti. Mamy guests brought clothes, some books, toys, ect. and it felt good to help out even if it was in a small way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsimpson View Post
Hey Meli - Great idea! Do you have the contact information for the person we would order from? Thanks.
Hi Nadia.

I arranged everything through a family friend based in Haiti but I know that she ordered the crafts from a store called "Kay Atizan" which is owned by a woman named Simone Ambroise who deals directly with local artisans. I found this website for them: Kay Atizan It's in French but there are pictures and I know that Simone speaks English.

I will get her contact information from my friend and post it as soon as I have it.

Cheers,
Meli

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...