Why, why IPOD why won't you work!

staceyandadam

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese_diva View Post
Hold down the menu and play button at the same time for about 7 seconds.. the screen will go blank and then the apple will appear to show it's reset. You won't loose any of your music.. I would die if that happened.

Here's a site that tells you about it and also what to do if your Mac/PC doesn't recognize your iPod.

G4 - Feature - Secrets of the iPod
Thanks! I will try that next time. It has only happened a couple of times so I had to look into what to do about it. You made my job easier..lol Thanks!

Ok... so here is my conclusion.. I took it to the apple store at mall of america.. they rebooted it.. and erased all my music... I came home it still works on my mac but not on my pc... Apple gave me a new itunes cd to download to my pc and that didnt fix it soooo I am going to move all my music from my pc to my mac since the ipod works on my mac! Ahhhhh! Thanks for all the advice and help!

ps I did switch from the usb port on the front of my pc to the one on the back per your suggestion! No luck! Oh, well I guess my Ipod is strictly mac only now! Must they be soooo choosy!