Why, why IPOD why won't you work!

staceyandadam

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese_diva View Post
I was going to suggest a hard boot to your ipod but sounds like iTunes is the problem and not your iPod freezing (mine freezes sometimes).. I too would suggest running the latest update for iTunes.
What do you do to get your ipod to unfreeze? Mine freezes and I just have to wait until the battery dies to get it to work again. I thought about restoring it to it's original setting but hate to lose all my music:-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollisandsteph View Post
What do you do to get your ipod to unfreeze? Mine freezes and I just have to wait until the battery dies to get it to work again. I thought about restoring it to it's original setting but hate to lose all my music:-(
Hold down the menu and play button at the same time for about 7 seconds.. the screen will go blank and then the apple will appear to show it's reset. You won't loose any of your music.. I would die if that happened.

Here's a site that tells you about it and also what to do if your Mac/PC doesn't recognize your iPod.

G4 - Feature - Secrets of the iPod