Makeup for groom??

Are you wanting your FI to wear make up? Or is he?

I can't imagine seeing a groom with make up on. I mean, yes your getting pictures done, but people will be looking and talking to him all night. They would see that he has make up on. It wouldn't be like a "photo shoot" where it's just the two of you and a photog. It's bad to even see too well sculpted eye brows on a man. It doesn't look right.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, is it really a so cal thing? because my relatives live in San Diego

The reason am asking.. I've been to several weddings where the grooms' face looked so smooth and polish (--> in a good way, i.e., not oily, clear complexion), nothing cakey or "make up" that we used to imagine. It looked very natural, I couldn't tell.

Perhaps a little light powder, blotting papers, or a good facial?

I didn't dare, but I should have askedwink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic D View Post
yes I have had a couple of grooms get a little luvin from the makeup artist. Maybe its due to living here in so cal?

Not sure, just trying to know the game:)

I couldn't imagine my FI got well sculpted eye brows though! Wait until I see his reaction hearing this smile120.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel View Post
Are you wanting your FI to wear make up? Or is he?

I can't imagine seeing a groom with make up on. I mean, yes your getting pictures done, but people will be looking and talking to him all night. They would see that he has make up on. It wouldn't be like a "photo shoot" where it's just the two of you and a photog. It's bad to even see too well sculpted eye brows on a man. It doesn't look right.

Maybe they were just really good looking men naturally? LOL I don't know, we live in SoCal and my groom would never wear it, like ever, ever. But I could see someone in the business like a Ryan Seacrest type who normally wears makeup thinking they needed it for their wedding. Maybe...

Good points. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-marcus View Post
ya. i shoot about 50 weddings a year. ive seen 1 groom put on make up and well... i was kind of wondering if he really meant to marry a woman or if he showed up by mistake hahah.. seriously though if for some reason he should happen to have a blemish or something its so easy to photoshop that out. make up would just look kind of strange.