RIU NEGRIL WEDDING?????

I am just starting to plan my destination wedding for Jan. 2012. Jamaica is my destination of choice and I would love to go to a resort in Negril. I have read many reviews and seen some pictures of RIU NEGRIL.  Any advice??? My biggest concern with this resort is the beach. People have said it is comparable to a lake. I always pictured nice white sand and blue water :)

I would really like to book soon but am hesitant :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance!

I can't help you with that specific resort.  However, what we did was make a list of what was extremely important to us when choosing a resort.  We then used that list and found a resort that met most of them.  We knew it wasn't going to be realistic to find a resort to meet all our expectations.  Good luck!

I'm getting married at the Riu Negril in 54 days!!!! couldn't be more excited.  There's a great review here under the Riu Negril un the resorts section on here from a fellow BDW bride who got married there the start of January - you should check it out! :) (just click resorts at the top and search for the riu negril) 

• 2 weeks later...

We had our small little ceremony yesterday at Riu it was nice. We are definitely coming back at the end of this year to do it over with our family and friends. I loved everything!!!!!!!!!!!! will do a more extensive review when I have the time.

Originally Posted by bridey View Post

We had our small little ceremony yesterday at Riu it was nice. We are definitely coming back at the end of this year to do it over with our family and friends. I loved everything!!!!!!!!!!!! will do a more extensive review when I have the time.

Congratulations!!! :) can't wait to read your review!