Has anyone bought their dress at Kleinfeld in NY?

My mom, the girls and I are flying to NY soon to find THE dress. I've been hearing a lot about Kleinfeld, so we plan going there mainly for that dress shop. I've been loving one of their executive designer's, Pnina Tornai, designs ever since I saw her dresses in London.

This is the first time I'm going to Kleinfeld and it's the first time I'm finally trying on dresses for the wedding. I was wondering has anyone been there, or bought there dress there? How did it go?

Hi,

Yes...I went there during one of their sample sales.  I did not find my dress there but even for a sample sale, they treated us very lovely.  I got to see Randy and a few others while there.  Since you are flying into NY...you might want to check out and make an appointment for Pronovias too...I have heard great things about them...also...many former Kleinfeld associates and managers are now there.  Have fun!!

I actually went to both Pronovias and Kleinfelds. Service was great a both the places. Pronovias had beautiful dresses that were light weight and at a great price, the most expense dress I tried on was $2,000. They also seem to always have trunk shows going on so then you get an extra discount. They didn't rush me at all.

2 weeks later I went to Kleinfelds, there I also had a wonderful experience and I found my dress!! They really know what they are doing. They tell you to bring in pictures of your top dresses which I did based on the price range they provide on-line. When I showed my consultant the dresses she was like "you have great taste but they are $4,000" which was double my budget. She said the price ranges on their website isn't always correct so keep that in mind. I still had the pictures from magazines that I liked and she was great she got my taste right away and the first dress she put me in was the one I purchased!! Even other brides and strangers were telling me it looked perfect. I was worried about the price; my mom was paying for it and I felt bad having her pay for it even though she was soo happy to do that for me :) so I didn't buy it that day! I told them I would think about it. Well the next day I couldn't stop thinking about the dress and went back. It was the weekend and they were very busy. They were very nice and accommodating, I waited just a little while and then they put me in a room and took my measurements.

I had wonderful experiences at both places and I hope you do too!! Oh and funny thing is that I have friends who are consultants at both salons and thought it was crazy I didn't have them be my consultant. LOL

Originally Posted by dominiqueamber View Post

I want to try Kleinfeilds because of "say yes to the dress" but I want to spend less than $1,000 on my dress - so I was thinking it's more the David's Bridal budget

If you are in NYC...try RK Bridal...THE best selection of reasonably priced dresses at low prices...much better than David's Bridal and a HUGE selection.  I got my dress from there....

RK Bridal is a lot nicer than David's Bridal in my opinion. They have great designers at the best prices. I got my dress from RK. I hated my David's Bridal experience. It was really not for me.

Kleinfeld is a lot more of an experience than RK. Pnina dresses are gorgeous, but expensive! You have good taste, DWBride.

Honestly, I did not enjoy my experience at Kleinfelds at all.  Both my friend (also a bride) and I made appointments on the same day with different consultants and they were not very helpful in terms of understanding what we were looking for.  They simply brought out the dresses that we printed out from the website and then had us go into the stock room (which is a zoo) to figure out what else we liked -- all the while, elbowing other brides who were also crowded in there.  The dresses I tried on at Kleinfelds were my least favorite of everything I tried on in NYC.

HOWEVER, if you are looking at Pnina then you should have no problem given their selection. Nevermind that it's so fun to see all the staff from Say Yes to the Dress!! It felt like being surrounded by celebrities!  If your budget is on the higher end, I would also recommend Mark Ingram (I have several friends that have raved about it).  Definitely also check out the other unique boutiques that NY has to offer: http://nymag.com/weddings/listings/gowns/.

I bought my dress from The White Gown which is a small, moderately priced boutique in Brooklyn (DUMBO).  The girls were incredibly nice and the assistant who helped me also does alterations so she was helpful in explaining how I could customize certain dresses.  I highly recommend them: http://thewhitegown.com/.

Thanks ladies for your suggestions and comments. =] Now I know I should go to Kleinfeld for sure. I'm also going to stop by Roberto Cavalli's shop when I get to NY. I've seen a few of his dresses lately and I'm quite impressed. Plus, he's Italian and his dresses portray French and Italian fashion, which would be perfect for the Rome wedding. Is anyone here wearing one of his dresses? I'm pretty sure my dress will either be a Roberto Cavalli or a Pnina Tornai, but I guess I'll see when it comes to trying them on and purchasing.

Have fun at Klienfeld's! I got my dress there and I had an amazing experience! They were friendly and my salesperson (Rosaria) was so understanding... She took one look at me (never asked my dress size), checked out my magazine pages, and came back with like 5 dresses! She did get more.. but the one she had me try on first was the ONE! 

Also, their alterations dept i hear does amazing work! I am doing some things to my dress!!

Enjoy! =)

Originally Posted by DWBride615 View Post

Thanks ladies for your suggestions and comments. =] Now I know I should go to Kleinfeld for sure. I'm also going to stop by Roberto Cavalli's shop when I get to NY. I've seen a few of his dresses lately and I'm quite impressed. Plus, he's Italian and his dresses portray French and Italian fashion, which would be perfect for the Rome wedding. Is anyone here wearing one of his dresses? I'm pretty sure my dress will either be a Roberto Cavalli or a Pnina Tornai, but I guess I'll see when it comes to trying them on and purchasing.