Dress alterations????

one more question....

How long does it take to alter your dress? Wedding is coming up soon (almost 2 months away) and haven't done this yet...haven't lost weight either...I thought I would have a lot of time to do this but nope...

Need to go to gym!!!!

Drea,

My seamstress wanted me to begin the process one month prior to the wedding date - which kind of freaked me out, but worked out perfectly. At the time I was her only bride though, as she's trying to retire...I would get started finding a seamstress & asking their opinion on timeline ASAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A10CALGAL View Post
Drea,
My seamstress wanted me to begin the process one month prior to the wedding date - which kind of freaked me out, but worked out perfectly. At the time I was her only bride though, as she's trying to retire...I would get started finding a seamstress & asking their opinion on timeline ASAP!
Thanks Christa, I'll call my seamstress that I know and ask, hmmm I should just go pick up the dress that's at my fmil house and then take it to seamstress so she can see it.

Although I have no idea about any of this, I would err on the side of caution and give yourself as much time as possible so you don't get stressed. But seeing how your wedding is coming up so soon you def want to get started with alterations right away.