Lovelycaboweddings “Review� (LONG)

TammyB

Carla (Cabo wedding coordinator on the forum) posted awhile back about a car rental through Payless that she was able to get a special rate and she extended it to our forum. So after talking it over with Cain we decided to book it with her. I gave her our credit card number to confirm our reservation and she sent back a confirmation number to us. A few weeks later I found a cheaper rate online and asked her if the price would be met, she talked it over with Payless and the best they could offer was $346.00 for a week’s rental, insurance and airport pickup. Again I already gave her my credit card and had a reservation number. So I left it at that rate. Then on 4-18-07 she sent me this email:

“Hi Tammy, I just wanted to let you know that the reservation for your car rental, is canceled, I asked for some time beacuse you werent sure if you would want it or not, and now the person that gave me the promotions doesnt work there any more, I´m Sorry! “

I responded that I sent my credit card information over and that Payless should honor the reservation since I already have a confirmation number.

She responded “I will check that with the company, the thing is that when you told me that you found better rates on the internet, I called him and comment that to him he said that if you were going to make the reservation by internet he would have to cancelthe one here beacuse it will be double, but I will check that and let you know ok! I will call him and see what he can do!” Again this was on April 18th

Early in the week last week I sent her a follow up email asking if she got a response because I haven’t heard back from her (she logged on April 23rd but I never heard from her) SO I asked Cain’s Ma (who’s a corporate travel agent) to see if their was anything she could do on her end. Well she asked for my confirmation number and said she would check the status. Come to find out it wasn’t in their system. Marty informed me that even if a reservation was canceled it would still show up, but as canceled she said it was never booked in the first place.

So I have no idea what the confirmation number was that she gave me. And since Carla hasn’t responded to my emails I felt that you would want to know in case you were thinking about using this company as your WC. I also wanted to add that back in November when I did my site visit I had requested a meeting with Rosie to meet me at the Sheraton, I had talked to her several times and we agreed to meet at the Sheraton and I gave her my contact information. Well she was a no show, so I booked another WC. After I returned she had said she thought I was staying at a different resort, but the email she sent me had a previous email attached that clearly listed the time and place for our meeting.

Now I know a couple of people have used Lovely Cabo weddings as their WC, and had good luck with them. I however haven’t been so lucky.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I wonder if she'll stop coming on the forum now. That's really a sh*tty thing to do to someone. It's hard enough planning a DW, you don't need to add people that screw you over to it. Was you CC charged anything? I hope not.

You got to be kidding! I have been in the process of trying to get a quote from her to help me with day of. Just contacting vendors that I already booked and making sure everything is set up correctly at the Hilton. Mainly to make sure I am not running around the day of my wedding.

Now I don't know what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMMYM View Post
NOPE... Because we leave in a month I went ahead and booked something else. It's been two weeks now and IMO that's more then enough time to email me back on a status.
Even if you just got an email saying "hey, I'm still chatting with them, but I haven't forgotten about you!" would be better than nothing. If she is still working on it then you'd think she'd be able to update you on the status of your account?? I understand that people get busier with appointments etc, but you're a client of hers. Did you pay her a WC fee before she was a no show to the resort? I hear ya about wanting to book now instead of waiting though. A month beforehand you want to have as much ready as possible to minimize the scrambling at the last minute. Thanks for the review, too bad it didn't work out, but bad reviews are just as useful as good ones!

• 2 weeks later...

I posted it in another thread. Carla sent me an email saying she was sick, and that's why she didn't get back with me. And she said she never canceled the reservation (which seams odd because again, the confirmation she gave me isn't in their database) I tried to email Carla back but her mailbox is now full.. I have a feeling it will be something I'm going to have to deal with while were in Cabo.

First of all I want to appologize fot taking so long but I´ve been having a lot of work and havent been able to log on to the forum, about the car issue every thing was a misunderstanding, sometimes when you try to do something nice or help some one everything turns the wrong way, I made the reservatrion for Tammy and I´m not getting any profit or benefit from this action I only did it to help not one cent was charged and it turns out that I´m now the worst coordinator ever, however the person that was my contact on that company does no longer work there and when Tammy said she had found a better deal on the internet and didn´t now what to do, I thought she would go for the internet deal, but when I talked to the person that used to work at payless he said that there was no problem, the reservation was still on, that even if he doesnt work there anymore he left on his computer a file with all the reservations that had been made by him on the past months.

I havent received any emails from Tammy I only received private messages and does where answered a long time ago right after I received them, I don´t know why I have to be so badly judge and set on the spot like this, specially when my mistake was beacuse of a car rental and not coordinating a wedding, I have done a lot of weddings and never had any complains only complements but I guess this happends some times in life, I dont think there is one person that has never had an issue a confusion or a problem on their job, I feel a little disapointed that this issue had to be on the spot and exposed for everyone to judge instead of talikng about it directly with me specially when I said everything was fine and the reservation was confirmed, so I appologize for this mistake or misunderstanding and now that everyone is aware of this please feel free to write your comments or judge the situation, it would be nice to know what everyone thinks, and if should still be part of the forum or not.

feedback.gif