The stones loose!!!!

• VIP Member

I would recommend insuring it. If it was only $800, it actually might automatically be covered under your homeowners insurance, but it's something worth looking into.

I don't know what your ring is made of, but mine's platinum and I've been warned that I might lose stones because platinum is soft. One of my girlfriends told me that she took hers in to have a stone replaced, and the lady took one look at her ring and said, "Quit wearing it to the gym" without even knowing that she went to the gym.

So I never wear mine to the gym or when I'm doing any kind of work with my hands just to be on the safe side. My band is going to be the same kind of thing, so I'm going to get a third, cheapy cheap silver band to wear to the gym and to work and that sort of thing.

Mine is white gold.

I never had any problems with it in the 1.5 years Ive had it. It only became loose once I resized it. Hopefully I can go see about getting it fixed again tommorow.

I will look into the homeowners insurance and see if its covered. Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura b View Post
I don't know what your ring is made of, but mine's platinum and I've been warned that I might lose stones because platinum is soft.
I'm no expert but I thought platinum was WAY stronger than gold.. I'm almost sure that's why it's more expensive...