Opinions/Experiences with Kindle, Sony E-reader, Nook or Kobo?

Birdie07

Ok I changed my mind. I cancelled my order. It just takes too long to get here. And they are suppose to release the new kindle around the same time. My DH surprised me and got me the Sony. I LOOOOOOOVE it. Its skinny like an Ipod just so light. I downloaded a book ( i have 5 hardbacks I'm trying to read) and its so easy. The sony store is like i tunes super easy. So far I love it!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooh cali somehow i knew i would see your name with this discussion subject sooner or later!

i have been going back and forth on these 2 products. i REALLY like the way the sony feels and the screen is SO cool, nearly identical to reading an actual paper page in a book, no glare! that is really cool for places like on the bus or in a plane (places i am often).

i dont know a lot about the kindle other that the main selling point to me is the user friendliness of it.

i havent bought either yet because i wanted to wait to see what next years version of both bring. i'm hoping sony gets a lighting option (without having to buy a separate attachment) and to see if kindle comes up with anti-glare technology. we'll see!

cali, we should compare bookshelf pics :) most of my cubbies are 2 deep as well :)

I want a Kindle so badly but orders are so backed up right now. sad.gif I am such a book whore. When we go tot he mall FI dreads hearing the words "Can we go into Border's quickly?" He just laughs and says there is nothing quick about me in a bookstore. LOL

A kindle will be my tax return gift to myself this year! I'm so excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
ooh cali somehow i knew i would see your name with this discussion subject sooner or later!

i have been going back and forth on these 2 products. i REALLY like the way the sony feels and the screen is SO cool, nearly identical to reading an actual paper page in a book, no glare! that is really cool for places like on the bus or in a plane (places i am often).

i dont know a lot about the kindle other that the main selling point to me is the user friendliness of it.

i havent bought either yet because i wanted to wait to see what next years version of both bring. i'm hoping sony gets a lighting option (without having to buy a separate attachment) and to see if kindle comes up with anti-glare technology. we'll see!

cali, we should compare bookshelf pics :) most of my cubbies are 2 deep as well :)
Sony's new E-reader has a built in light. So they fixed that. I didn't know Kindle had a glare problem either. I really like the sony though. It's pretty awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
oh good cali thats nice to know, the last one i looked at a few months ago at target didnt have the light.
The new Sony has a light and it is touch screen. However its 400 bucks! I got the 505 its not touch screen but I use a booklight clipped to the cover and it works fine!

oh i wanted the touch screen option too. but youre right that is expensive! maybe another reason to wait, hopefully the price will come down. and maybe ill start seeing them on ebay :)

• 4 weeks later...

I got a Kindle as a Christmas gift and wasn't sure that I would like it because I like the feel and smell of books. It turns out that I really like it. I hope the next version has a light but other than that I like the screen and there are lots of titles available.

Not sure what Sony's does but the Kindle has other features that I didn't know about like internet access (not just for downloading books) and the ask amazon thing where you ask a question about anything and they answer you back.

If you read a lot or read a few books at a time like I do it is handy to take everything on the go in a small package. You can also get daily newspapers delivered to your Kindle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
I got a Kindle as a Christmas gift and wasn't sure that I would like it because I like the feel and smell of books. It turns out that I really like it. I hope the next version has a light but other than that I like the screen and there are lots of titles available.

Not sure what Sony's does but the Kindle has other features that I didn't know about like internet access (not just for downloading books) and the ask amazon thing where you ask a question about anything and they answer you back.

If you read a lot or read a few books at a time like I do it is handy to take everything on the go in a small package. You can also get daily newspapers delivered to your Kindle.
Congratulations! I love my Sony too. Yes the Sony does not have the internet at all. But it was something I really didn't need. So I was willing to go without and save on price. I have an iPhone so I didn't need 2 gadgets with internet. I just download what books I want and go. I do love how light it is and easy to take around.