Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Yeah! We have a lot of people who RSVPed and are putting down the deposits with the TA... many more than we thought. And it is so true, the people who you totally think wouldn't want to come, are coming, and the ones who are really close are the ones who give yo a hard time...so crazy... but it is all coming together.... I pray! And Royfa, I think Jazmin's number is at the bottom of her signature in the e-mail. PM me and let me know if you found it or not, if not, I will send it your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLo908 View Post
Yeah! We have a lot of people who RSVPed and are putting down the deposits with the TA... many more than we thought. And it is so true, the people who you totally think wouldn't want to come, are coming, and the ones who are really close are the ones who give yo a hard time...so crazy... but it is all coming together.... I pray! And Royfa, I think Jazmin's number is at the bottom of her signature in the e-mail. PM me and let me know if you found it or not, if not, I will send it your way.
I'll check in her email tomorrow morning at work and I will pm you if i cannot find it! Thanks a lot! I'll take deep breath and everything will be fine!

• VIP Member

I've been keeping a look out for new GBP brides... however no such luck... but I have been trying to suggest it! I love the Bahia! Maybe I need to start planning my 1 year anniversary trip!

So here's my question for everyone! Our ceremony is at 2, so will be over no later than 2:30. Our reception dinner is at 6. What can I do for the in between time? Anyone else encounter this problem or have a brilliant solution? Photos will take max 1 1/2 hours, right? That still leaves us with 2 hours. I really don't want to lose the momentum... I was thinking maybe a scavenger hunt, but maybe thats too childish. I wonder if dance lessons or something might work... Getting nervous!

• VIP Member

Well, my ceremony was at 3, so I have an hour on you... but my dinner was at 7:30!

We had a cocktail hour from 5:30-7:30. That way people could hang out together if they wanted, or they could go back to their rooms/pool... whatever. I know that we took pictures until at least 6 though... so 2.5 hours.

So perhaps you should just schedule a meeting point for everyone, like at the lobby bar for drinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post
So perhaps you should just schedule a meeting point for everyone, like at the lobby bar for drinks.
That's what we did, although we didn't have quite as much time as you. We found that a lot of our quests hung around while we took pictures. I think a scavenger hunt would be a great idea, but also a lot of work. I'm pretty sure most people will find ways to occupy their time anyway - but a meeting time at the lobby bar is a good idea.

Hey GBP Girls!

I haven't posted in a few months but I'm Morgan, I'm getting married at GBP Tulum on Nov 15th! Eek, less than 2 months!

I, too, cannot get a hold of Jazmin to save my life but my TA said she'd call her for me so hopefully that will be taken care of.

I'm starting to get really excited! I'll prolly be hanging out here more often in the next few months when I start thinking of all my crazy questions!

The plan so far:

Marrying at the 'Gazebo' at Tulum, 4:00 PM

. ~55 guests. Mexican theme dinner with DJ for 2 hours.

I don't have a dinner time set up yet tho...

Haven't thought about flowers or what to do after the dinner. Prolly head to the disco??

Any ideas?

Thanks, ladies!

• VIP Member

Hi Morgan! Wow, your wedding is SO close! Now i"m excited for you!!!

Flowers, just pick out a picture of flowers that YOU like and they'll make them for you. Just try to keep with the common flowers that were used in the brochure and then it won't cost you extra.

Do you have your own photographer or are you using the resort photographer?

The reason I ask is because after our reception (10:30 is the latest you can go by the pool) we went to the Hacienda and took some really awesome night time pictures. Then we were right there for when the live outdoor music started and then the disco opened!