stay put lip color

flygirl

I did a search on this and saw that a couple of people recommended covergirl outlast, but was wondering if anyone else had any recommendations. My FI has voiced his concern about my makeup because weâ€ll be kissing a lot on the wedding day and he doesnâ€t want to end up wearing my lipstick.

So what kind of lipstick is everyone planning on wearing for the big day?

I've been thinking the same thing. I don't really wear lipstick, just lip gloss and that is just as bad. I don't want his lips looking glossier than mine. Then I'm going to have to keep my gloss down my dress and keep putting on more throughput the evening. That would be tacky.

I really like the Covergirl Outlast, but they have a version of them that's sheer- those look great and not too caked on! My FI flat out hates to kiss when I wear lipstick-something about the texture, he says- but when I wear CG Outlast Sheer, we kiss all the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchuchuca View Post
I really like the Covergirl Outlast, but they have a version of them that's sheer- those look great and not too caked on! My FI flat out hates to kiss when I wear lipstick-something about the texture, he says- but when I wear CG Outlast Sheer, we kiss all the time!
I wore Covergirl Outlast and loved it...didn't need to touch up at all...

I actually just bought the CG outlast today and I tried it. I drank coffee and water. Ate lunch and dinner, jogged and I am about to go to bed. It is still there. It needs to be slightly touched up and obviously the lipgloss part of it is gone. But the color still looks almost perfect! I can't even feel it either!

After reading this post I went to the store to pick up the CG Outlast. They had a new version called SMOOTHWEAR. In past experiences with all day lipstick it starts to feel very dry as the day goes on. It also wears off and appears to look cracked. So, the SMOOTHWEAR sounded very appealing. I put it on around noon, let it dry, and then added the gloss/moisturizer ontop. After eating two meals, running errands, cleaning the house, etc., it still looks pretty darn good at 6:15! Of course it would be much better if I would have re-applied it after about 3 hours or so. I did have to use the gloss and chapstick a few times. The great thing about the SMOOTHWEAR is it wears off evenly and just slowly lightens up. None of the cracking/crumbling or dry look. I bought it in Mauve Satin. It had more of a pink to it than appears in the sample on the box and is a really great lighter color! I paid around $9.95 for the two bottles (color and moisturizer).

i LOVE the cg outlast, but i just went to grab it to see which one it is and wouldnt you know, the little stickers on the ends dont say which version it is.

the color part is applied with a lipgloss type applicator, and the clear part is like a twist up clear lipstick.

i wore this for my wedding and i only had to use the clear part over and over, the color i only applied after about 5 hours. the color did NOT come off on anything, doug, my dress, cups, nothin! and the clear part i did have to reapply often, like after kissing during all the pics and stuff, and after all the kissing all night long haha, everyone wants you to kiss so much! but it was ok to keep applying the clear part, it goes on just like a moist chap-stick so you dont need a mirror or anything.

the only place i really noticed the color coming away was where your lips rub together, and in the corners. i also lick my lips a lot, so this probably didnt help.

sorry i think you were looking for reviews for other long-last lip colors, but CG really is the best!