January 2009 Brides Post Here

How fun...didn't realize there was a thread for Jan 09 brides :) I'm getting married January 17th at Dreams Tulum. I just went down last weekend for a site visit and got everything figured out with the WC...ceremony & reception site (and rain back-ups), welcome cocktail party location, menus, music, flowers, cake, and schedule. I also had a hair and make-up trial, but they were disasterous...I looked like I was going to a prom in 1987!!! But my sister is now going to do my hair and make-up so all's good :)

We've sent out our STDs and I'm going to send a reminder postcard in two weeks. Invites are (almost) picked and they'll be going out October 1st. I ordered my dress...comes in September. We bought FI suit and have registered for most of the things we want/need at Crate & Barrel and Macys.

I just started looking for material for the table overlays and chair bows, and am working on finding paper for the menu cards and welcome letters. I've made a list of all the OOT bag stuff I need to get and started making a playlist for the reception.

We still need to pick our wedding party attire and our wedding bands...oh and pick a first dance song (FI is procrastinating). And we need to book our honeymoon, but finally decided on Hawaii so should get that out of the way soon.

I also need to pick out jewelry, shoes, and wedding party/parent gifts, but I think we're pretty much on track...

Am I forgetting anything? There's so much that goes into a wedding and my list keeps getting longer, but I always feel like I'm forgetting something!!!

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarillis View Post

PS... WE ARE DATE TRIPLETS NOW - SEAPRINCESS, AKITTRELL, & AMARILLIS!
Yeah for date triplets!!! So excited!!!

By the way amarillis, I love the BM prancing away in the second photo (the shot of the back of the dress)...heheh, so awesome! Did the photographer request a little action for that shot, or was it all the model trying to work the camara?

Seriously, I love the dresses though...I should go check out le Chateau and see what they have for my girlies

Oh yes... that is my sister - and she was definately dancing with excitement, she was so stressed that she'd end up wearing an ugly dress for the wedding.

Le Chateau has awesome BM dresses - apparantly the one we picked also came in pink that fades to orange - which would have definately been my choice, but that one wasn't there... i do love the teal and navy though.

Good luck with the BM dress shoppin!

Hello all....

So we are flying to Mayan Riviera on January 3, 2009 and getting hitched on January 8, 2009 at El Dorado Seaside Suites. Here is where we are at:

- Dress is ordered and should be here end of August, early September.

- FH has everything picked out for him and his boys, just waiting for financial end to allow him to buy it.

- We have all our extras chosen for the wedding (e.g. bouquets, bouts, decorations, private dinner meal, private reception details, spa appointments), have our total amount due worked out, will be paying for it within the next month.

- Wedding bands will be ordered shortly... still trying to convince him that I need a custom ring made (engagement ring was custom so it is very difficult to find anything that goes with it).

- Photographer will be travelling for free as we have 38 people booked and every 16th person is free, and she isn't charging anything extra as she is a friend of ours.

- Shoes and jewellery have been chosen, just need to be bought (no rush).

- Hair -- no idea!! I am growing it so I will have to see where I am at in December to decide what I can do with it.

- Bridesmaid dresses have been ordered and should be here around the same time as my dress.

That is about it!! We are sitting pretty now til January... and it's true... once my dress and bridesmaid dresses start coming in, it will be the fall, then my shower (MOH is throwing one - even though I don't think I need one) and bachelor/bachelorette parties... Christmas... then wedding!!

I am glad to see I am on par with everyone else... you ladies are great!! This forum is a saviour!

cheer2.gif

Amarillis - I love the dresses and necklaces!!!!!

Neen - we are date twins!!!

This week I...

-got in the crystals for my BM necklaces and earings and put the necklaces togheter...OMG!

- started on my luggage tags (I'm sending 2 to each person booked 2 weeks before we leave).

- got the iron on transfers for my OOT bags and did one of each design to see how they look :)

Even if I have 1 of each thing done (OOT bag and luggage tag) I feel less overwhelmed.

Next week we are going to look at a suit for FI and pants for GM.

Oh, and my mom picked up my headpiece. Not a tiara, none looked good on me and when we were getting her dress, they had a comb that caught my eye. I said that we'd come back during the week and if they still had it, it'd be meant...and they did! So she picked it up yesterday...and it was half off!!!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez921714 View Post
Amarillis - I love the dresses and necklaces!!!!!

Neen - we are date twins!!!

This week I...
-got in the crystals for my BM necklaces and earings and put the necklaces togheter...OMG!
- started on my luggage tags (I'm sending 2 to each person booked 2 weeks before we leave).
- got the iron on transfers for my OOT bags and did one of each design to see how they look :)

Even if I have 1 of each thing done (OOT bag and luggage tag) I feel less overwhelmed.

Next week we are going to look at a suit for FI and pants for GM.

Oh, and my mom picked up my headpiece. Not a tiara, none looked good on me and when we were getting her dress, they had a comb that caught my eye. I said that we'd come back during the week and if they still had it, it'd be meant...and they did! So she picked it up yesterday...and it was half off!!!! :)

You are such a busy little bee! You're making me kick my butt in gear!

You are coming along GREAT! I love your BM dresses, and the starfish necklaces for them to wear! Let's see what else I've done...hmmm.....I made my veil, made my BMs Barefoot sandals and their bouquets, and put our reception songs together. I'm having kind of a hard time with music timing and walking down the aisle. We're just working on the "order of things" and are going Sunday to get his ring and my band (hopefully if I can find one) That's another issue, after thinking I had plenty of time to find a band, and that it would be easy to match it to my e-ring....IT'S QUITE THE OPPOSITE! I was kind of bummed because I've checked several different stores and nothing even came close to matching. Then, I went into the Shane Company last night(where we got my e-ring) and the girl had a major attitude problem and acted as if I was a huge inconvenience to her..GRRRRR....(Doesn't she know I have to deal with peoples bad-attitudes all effin' day, and I'm trying to spend $$$ at the store she works and she's being a Biatch?) LOL sorry needed to vent a bit hehe. I am the most mellow person, and always have a smile on my face. That's why this chick made me so mad. Her body language and the look on her face sent me calmly out the door. I was all bummed because I really wanted to look at bands, but I couldn't sad.gif (That's just my Cancer personality) Anyway, like I said, we're going to look on Sunday at the OTHER location and HOPEFULLY we'll have better luck. Sorry girls, didn't mean to turn this into a vent session! fryingpan.gif Ahhhh much better though cheesy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaprincess View Post
You are such a busy little bee! You're making me kick my butt in gear!
It's only because I'm basically getting 0 help from FI and I feel super overwhelmed...my way to not have anxiety attacks is to take care of whatever is causing the anxiety (I get them, they aren't fun)....Plus, I want to see the finished products! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davematthews16 View Post
You are coming along GREAT! I love your BM dresses, and the starfish necklaces for them to wear! Let's see what else I've done...hmmm.....I made my veil, made my BMs Barefoot sandals and their bouquets, and put our reception songs together. I'm having kind of a hard time with music timing and walking down the aisle. We're just working on the "order of things" and are going Sunday to get his ring and my band (hopefully if I can find one) That's another issue, after thinking I had plenty of time to find a band, and that it would be easy to match it to my e-ring....IT'S QUITE THE OPPOSITE! I was kind of bummed because I've checked several different stores and nothing even came close to matching. Then, I went into the Shane Company last night(where we got my e-ring) and the girl had a major attitude problem and acted as if I was a huge inconvenience to her..GRRRRR....(Doesn't she know I have to deal with peoples bad-attitudes all effin' day, and I'm trying to spend $$$ at the store she works and she's being a Biatch?) LOL sorry needed to vent a bit hehe. I am the most mellow person, and always have a smile on my face. That's why this chick made me so mad. Her body language and the look on her face sent me calmly out the door. I was all bummed because I really wanted to look at bands, but I couldn't sad.gif (That's just my Cancer personality) Anyway, like I said, we're going to look on Sunday at the OTHER location and HOPEFULLY we'll have better luck. Sorry girls, didn't mean to turn this into a vent session! fryingpan.gif Ahhhh much better though cheesy.gif
Vent all you want...at least you've got some time, so if you don't find anything it isn't "crunch time" just yet.

When are you girls getting legally married? We were planning on doing it just a few days in advance, but with the Holidays and the craziness I wasn't sure if that was enough time. A website I went to suggested atleast 30 days before the ceremony. We leave for Mexico on Jan.4th so I'm thinking maybe the first week in December?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davematthews16 View Post
When are you girls getting legally married? We were planning on doing it just a few days in advance, but with the Holidays and the craziness I wasn't sure if that was enough time. A website I went to suggested atleast 30 days before the ceremony. We leave for Mexico on Jan.4th so I'm thinking maybe the first week in December?
That's a good question. I haven't put much thought into that. I just kind of thought I'd got he Friday before we left but maybe it would be good to do it earlier than that.