LG SteamWasher/Dryer - Front Loader

LisaG

I've had a front load for 2 years (not that one, a GE) and had no problems at all. I do leave the door open a few inches most of the time, not because I ever had a smell problem, but because I heard from other people that it's a good thing to do to avoid mildew (now whether or not I would have a mildew problem if I didn't leave it open, I don't know). I do notice that the rubber part that seals the door does trap some water in it, so I can see how it could be a problem.

Anyways, I love my washer. I put even the most delicate clothes in there without worry (would probably not be scared to toss my wedding dress in there! If it survived my TTD I'm sure it could survive in the front load washer!)

Maybe it depends upon region too Lisa. We live in mildew country because it's so damp up here. BUT my aunt has that exact washer and she told me she loves them! I really wanted to get them too so I'm sad to hear the news they have problems.

Also our work has a laundry service- they just do misc. loads, not the professional laundry cleaning. Anyways, we bought that washer 2 years ago and not one single problem. It gets a lot of use too!

We recently bought the same set. So far (just a few days) I love them. But, being who I am, I did a TON of research and this set was among the highest rated by consumer reports for the front-loading machines. I REALLY wanted the front loader because of the energy efficiency, and because they are so much more gentle on your clothing. I haven't yet used the steam feature, but I'm looking forward to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks View Post
We recently bought the same set. So far (just a few days) I love them. But, being who I am, I did a TON of research and this set was among the highest rated by consumer reports for the front-loading machines. I REALLY wanted the front loader because of the energy efficiency, and because they are so much more gentle on your clothing. I haven't yet used the steam feature, but I'm looking forward to it!
Yah! I'm glad someone else has the exact same ones I bought!! thewave.gif
You'll have to ley me know how you like them in the next few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaG View Post
Yah! I'm glad someone else has the exact same ones I bought!! thewave.gif
You'll have to ley me know how you like them in the next few weeks.
I have them too. I love them! I was such a freak when Sears delivered them. I was jumping up and down in the street. LOL!