LG SteamWasher/Dryer - Front Loader

LisaG

So James and I finally broke down and bought a new washer and dryer. Mine are 12 years old - the wash leaks and the dryer takes over 2 hours to dry towels - - argh!!!

We really did not do any research, which was probably our first mistake.

After talking to some people at work, everyone is saying the front loader washer holds water and starts to mildew and smell like mold, and make your clothes stink. Well crap! The salesman certainly didn't tell us THAT yesterday. I then googled "front load washer smells" and you should see all the complaints about these washers.

They are not delivering ours until 6/23, which gives me more time to do research and get feed back from people. They say if you just leave the door open, it will air out and not stink.

Any advise out there from anyone who has had experience with these types of front loaders??

Here's the ones we bought:

LG - SteamWasher 4.2 Cu. Ft. 9-Cycle Ultra Capacity Washer - Wild Cherry Red - WM2487HRMA

Click the image to open in full size.

LG - SteamDryer 7.3 Cu. Ft. 9-Cycle Extra-Large Capacity Electric Dryer - Wild Cherry Red - DLEX7177RM

I wrote you this really long reply then I lost it... so I will give you the short version this time. :-)

We have the Kenmore elite set and I absolutely LOVE it. My clothes come out smelling great! :-) We bought them in February. I did do a lot of research before I bought them and I honestly never heard that. I also sold appliances when I was in college and I never had complaints like that. Front loaders have been popular for about 5 years now, and hopefully they would have worked out the kinks like that by now. I think you should do research to make your self feel better, but really no matter what product you get you will always hear good and bad sides of the story. That's why I always by the maintenance agreement. :-)

Here is a picture of ours. We have the same color.

That's good to know! There will always be unhappy people that are willing to voice their opinion, but happy people tend to not do reviews.

We will most likely keep them, but it just bothers me reading all the complaints.

That's what we were thinking. It also has an allergy type of cycle. So much stuff that it will take me months and months to figure it out. Hopefully by the time the baby gets here - I'll be able to work it wink.gif

I have the LG washer/dryer and i love it. To prevent the smell, you have to empty out the water container on the bottom of your washer, there should be a small box on the bottom left on the front of the washer (you can even see it in the pic you posted), open that and pull out the hose over a bowl or a cup, the smelly water will pour out (you might want to use a disposable cup, so you can toss it). Also, you need to run a cleaning cycle every once in a while, you just run the washer with no clothes in it, the directions will be in your owners manual. Other than these maintenance things, we have never had a problem with ours and we absolutely love it.

we had the front loader and i loved it BUT it broke all the time and after th 4th time it broke the maintenance guy said we should just buy a regular one- he said that they break a lot less.........not sure why but that is what he said so we bought a normal one and had the fron tloader hauled away to washing machine heaven......

sorry if that isnt what you want to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHPT View Post
....not sure why but that is what he said so we bought a normal one and had the fron tloader hauled away to washing machine heaven.....
LOL!! Washing machine heaven....that's great!! Well we got the 5yr extended warranty, so hopefully that will cover anything that may go wrong.