Had my first fitting today...$200 for just a bussell????? (pics)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your dress is absoulutely beautiful. But I understand your questioning of the alteration price. I know when I saw your post and saw $200 I was like WHAT?! But then I remembered when I went to my senior prom my alterations cost $300. The top part of my dress was too big and it had ribbons goings across and the seamstress had to take it apart in order to fix it. I know how you ladies love pictures so I posted a pic below so you can see what I am talking about. Personally I think $200 is fine especially if you know this person is going to do a great job on your dress. Well good luck with everything!!!

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtinnie View Post
your dress is beautiful. mine is estimated to be $300 for hemming, taking it in, and the bustle. she told me the bustle will be $150 to $200. anything wedding related is always an eye opener when i see the price!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveangel0610 View Post
Your dress is absoulutely beautiful. But I understand your questioning of the alteration price. I know when I saw your post and saw $200 I was like WHAT?! But then I remembered when I went to my senior prom my alterations cost $300. The top part of my dress was too big and it had ribbons goings across and the seamstress had to take it apart in order to fix it. I know how you ladies love pictures so I posted a pic below so you can see what I am talking about. Personally I think $200 is fine especially if you know this person is going to do a great job on your dress. Well good luck with everything!!!!
Thanks! Ok, so I dont feel so bad. It just is so much for 1 day....I already splurged on the dress itself and now I have to add another $200 to it...dang it. But I guess I do have to remember this is someone doing hand work which is always more expensive these days.....and I want it done right so I guess I'll just suck it up. (dang it!).