Bachlorette Party Costs

My bridal party is planning my bachlorette party for the first Saturday in May. We are planning on going to the Melting Pot and then to a bar afterwards. They were thinking about renting a limo/bus too, but they are expensive (not sure if its because they just are or prom season).

I've never been to a bachlorette party. How much do people usually spend when they go out for these? Its looking like $50 for limo/bus, $50 for dinner, and then whatever at the bar. Is this too much for people to spend? The girls are thinking of cancelling out the limo, but I don't want people to drink and drive.

Help! smile124.gif

hmm--we didn't do dinner for mine. We just went straight to the party and we rented a party bus. It was $40 per person. The plus of having some form of transportation (party bus, limo, etc) is that we got to drink the whole way to the bar. It was about an hour trip for us too. We didn't have to buy a lot of drinks at the bar so immediately it kinda was worth the money for the bus.

EDIT- I didnt' mean to hit submit yet. oops.

I think it was $800 for 6.5 hours or something close to that. We called LOTS of places too. This one had the best deal BY FAR. Most were roughly $150 per hour for a stretch hummer or similar.

Another thing to ask is if they include a 20% gratuity in the price you are quoted. Ours didn't but we tipped probably that amount anyways. Everyone tipped at least $10-20 per person. Our driver was awesome and loved us. He kept the divider down and just watched all the fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel View Post
hmm--we didn't do dinner for mine. We just went straight to the party and we rented a party bus. It was $40 per person. The plus of having some form of transportation (party bus, limo, etc) is that we got to drink the whole way to the bar. It was about an hour trip for us too. We didn't have to buy a lot of drinks at the bar so immediately it kinda was worth the money for the bus.
That's true, but I was thinking more casual of a time. Its just us girls and most of them are not up for just bar hopping. The bar isn't like a club bar its more of a chill type bar. I honestly don't even need the bar, but it would kind of be a boring night I'm sure if we just did dinner.

We did dinner for mine which was about $30pp then we went to a Salsa club for Salsa lesson where it was just whatever people wanted to pay for drinks (but my sister bought the first round for everyone) and then to another nightclub...cover was $20pp but that included 2 drinks, limo pickup from the Salsa club, and then it dropped us off wherever we wanted...so we were about $50pp plus whatever people wanted to pay for drinks on top of the free ones they got

We didn't bar hop- we just went to one bar but that was our plan the whole time. I don't like hopping from bar to bar anyways- cover charges can get expensive, plus I didn't want to forget anyone.

If it's a chill type bar, do you think they will still drink like crazy? If so, that's the only reason I would say a limo would be a good idea. I don't really drink much at chill bars because I pass out easily. If I'm not moving when I'm drinking, then I'm out. That's just me though.

Ultimately, I think it's safe to plan ahead so no one has to be the DD if no one wants to drive. Also, you don't risk people driving drunk- that's something I can't tolerate. No excuse in my book so I like to always have a good game plan before going out so my friends don't do that.

The limo should definitely be optional (people shouldn't have to pay for stuff they don't want) but ask people to tell you in advance and you can get a normal limo instead of a streth if necessary. Another option is obviously just to take taxis which would probably be cheaper. Also is dinner really going to cost 50$ per person? For those people who don't want to spend much, will there be a way to spend less? I don't think 100$ per person is that bad, but there should be flexibility so that people who are cheap and want to spend less can (i.e. skip out the limo, choose a cheaper menu item, and not drink too much and the whole night costs them like 40-50$). If it's going to be over 100$ per person for sure (i.e. no way to spend less than that) then I would talk to each person to make sure they are okay with the plans.

The melting pot prices are pretty much set. I think they start at $39.99 and includes a full 4 course meal. I believe that everyone chooses together what type of 'meal' they want. I've only gone there with one other person, so we just ordered the meal for 2. They might have a group rate, I'm not sure.

The Melting Pot, Fondue, Fine Wines, Cheese Fondue, Chocolate Fondue, Fondue Parties, Girls Night Out, Dip, Chocolate, Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunBride View Post
The limo should definitely be optional (people shouldn't have to pay for stuff they don't want) but ask people to tell you in advance and you can get a normal limo instead of a streth if necessary. Another option is obviously just to take taxis which would probably be cheaper. Also is dinner really going to cost 50$ per person? For those people who don't want to spend much, will there be a way to spend less? I don't think 100$ per person is that bad, but there should be flexibility so that people who are cheap and want to spend less can (i.e. skip out the limo, choose a cheaper menu item, and not drink too much and the whole night costs them like 40-50$). If it's going to be over 100$ per person for sure (i.e. no way to spend less than that) then I would talk to each person to make sure they are okay with the plans.
good tips. I am not the kind of person who likes to spend $100 on one night so I'd be really happy to have options to skip out on things like dinner. I'm just generally pretty thrifty.

My friends recently rented a limo for a bach party. It got really expensive for some girls because some people didn't show up or never paid. If you have someone who wouldn't be drinking, you could have them be a DD. Maybe pay for their gas or dinner in exchange for dropping everyone off.

My bachelorette party was just at a friends house. Guests brought snacks & drinks. We had a blast & it was cheap.