This is going to sound funny coming from a TA - but our wedding was before I became a TA - and I had a bouquet of flowers delivered to my TA's office the day we left for our wedding trip - she loved them, but said it was totally unnecessary. She did so much for us though - we wanted to express our gratitude.

Now, as a TA I wouldn't expect anything from my clients. The best thing you could give me is a review of your wedding/resort - and show me a few photos when you get home!!!

Lindsay

I think if your TA has gone above and beyond and you are really happy with their service, I say give them a gift. As one TA mentioned in some thread, they often don't get paid until some timer after your actual trip. So a gift is a nice "thank you and I appreciate what you did"

We are from Vermont and so we are thinking real maple syrup for gifts.

Hope that helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA Lindsay View Post
This is going to sound funny coming from a TA - but our wedding was before I became a TA - and I had a bouquet of flowers delivered to my TA's office the day we left for our wedding trip - she loved them, but said it was totally unnecessary. She did so much for us though - we wanted to express our gratitude.

Now, as a TA I wouldn't expect anything from my clients. The best thing you could give me is a review of your wedding/resort - and show me a few photos when you get home!!!

Lindsay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy Host View Post
i say no...honestly as a TA referrals and your continued business is more than enough!
I've been thinking about this lately too. Now that I have heard from the TAs, I'll probably stick with something like this then. I'll write up a great referral & give her some pictures that could help her plan future trips to the resort. And a nice thank you card. I have also collected a lot of info about the area. Maybe I can include that too.

Does that sound good? A referal, thank you card and a word document about my hotel/ the area?

Oh, and a wedding picture. I've become friends with my TA while planning so I feel like she is part of the wedding. She might even come. Then she gets an OOT bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
I've been thinking about this lately too. Now that I have heard from the TAs, I'll probably stick with something like this then. I'll write up a great referral & give her some pictures that could help her plan future trips to the resort. And a nice thank you card. I have also collected a lot of info about the area. Maybe I can include that too.

Does that sound good? A referal, thank you card and a word document about my hotel/ the area?

Oh, and a wedding picture. I've become friends with my TA while planning so I feel like she is part of the wedding. She might even come. Then she gets an OOT bag.

That sounds PERFECT!!!

Lindsay

great, this is what I'll do then. I already sent her an invitation & she seemed to really enjoy that. TAs become a big part of a DW. One of my friends had told her about my brochures and said she was curious about them. So I sent her the whole invite with a "getting ready for mexico" brochure & the postcard that had her contact info for my guests.

I always try to think of ways to show people who are doing a great job it's appreciated so i really wanted to get the thank you gift right. I might throw in a little trinket from mexico, too. But, does a TA get way too many trinkets?