RIU Wedding Photography

Mich

hi, girls! i am going with an off-site photog from jamaica. his name is brian nejedly. his website is Brian Design - Photography & Website Design by Brian Nejedly - Ocho Rios, Jamaica. he's been great to work with, and i really like his work.

i'm planning on just getting him the day pass - i may end up paying michael's "breach of contract" fee if i HAVE to, but i'm not doing it without a fight.

i'm bringing over 50k into that hotel over 5 days - i'm hoping that will have some sway ....

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be totally honest, I'm really starting to think that b/c so many of us are contacting Chandlyn, Valeria, Carolina, and Michael at once and all about the same thing, they might be trying to make things stricker. So, I don't know that a petition will really change anything. A petition w/o some real threat behind it is just a list of names. If we are not stating that we will take our business elsewhere (which I'm not in the position to do!), we are just drawing more attention to ourselves. I am going to be firm when I get there about stating I do not need his service, but I don't want to tick too many folks off that have the power to reck my day.

That being said, if ya'll choose to do a petition more power to ya!!!! Just keep in mind that they do up to 18 weddings a week, 52 weeks a year at the ROR alone, so you need more than 20 brides to make a ripple. IMO.

I noticed on Micheal's info it says something about due to editing you have to have an appointment to veiw pics at least 48hrs. before departure.

My wedding is on Wednesday noon so if I can get an appointment Thursday am to look at them will this leave enough time? My departure is around 6am the saturday...so it won't be 48 hrs.

Does anyone know when you picked your pics pkg. how long was it till they were ready for pick up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliaA07 View Post
You'll be fine. Our wedding was Wednesday at 4. We went the next day to look and had them back on Thursday. Had one wrong size got it before we left. They're pretty fast.
Thank you Calia :) (also thank you for the info about the H'orderves hr.)

I am using Michael. I am only having 7 people including us (small) and am so nervous about pictures. I want to bring home lots to see for all our family and friends. We were planning on getting the video and the set of 30 pictures on the CD. Also hoping that we will have pictures from the people with us. Do you think this is a good package or will I be upset and want more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawford2B View Post
I am using Michael. I am only having 7 people including us (small) and am so nervous about pictures. I want to bring home lots to see for all our family and friends. We were planning on getting the video and the set of 30 pictures on the CD. Also hoping that we will have pictures from the people with us. Do you think this is a good package or will I be upset and want more?
Hey, I had 7 ppl including us too. We didn't do the video but we did 10 pics on cds and then a buttoad of prints. We were worried but they told us they keep pics indefinitely and can order more pics later. So when we get more money later we can buy some more.

We went with 100 photos on CD because we liked so many of them. He took over 600, so it was really hard to narrow them down to even 100! Actually we only could narrow it down to 108 but he let us have the extra 8. wink.gif

Once you see all the pics you can decide what you want to do!