Sports bottles instead of Travel mugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole5worm View Post
Man! I found some at the $1 tree. But i don't feel like they are big enouh. the tumblers are a good idea too.. i guess it just comes down to wanting a bigger cup! People will probably have the drink down before it gets too warm! lol.. well i know I will! Morgan your cups are so cute. did you paint the names on yourself? are those stickers on the side I love it!!!

And i am sorry you had to go though smelly Decatur and i am sorry about the furnal! But yes I live her for now.. like to move away well atleast from the smell :-)
LOL I didn't notice it smelling bad? But yes I think I would want to move too if the town smelt bad. hah

Quote:
I bet you do! I may be really ahead of myself i have 5 months and i want to get all this stuff done but the invites are not even out yet so i guess i could work on the ones i know for sure are coming!!! do i wash them before painting or after adn before the rub-on?
I don't think its too early to start thinking about doing these things. I kept saying "oh I can wait and do that" and now I look up and my wedding is next week and I am scrambling to get things finished!

• VIP Member

I went through this same problem... sports bottle or travel mug.

I ended up with the travel mug after ordering a bunch of sports bottle samples. The main reason was the insulation. But then after that: a handle for easier drinking and carrying around, large opening for ice (some sports bottles make a huge mess!), easy to drink out of (the squirt top just doesn't work well for margaritas), and the travel mugs were slightly cheaper!

Hope that helps!

Quote:
I bet you do! I may be really ahead of myself i have 5 months and i want to get all this stuff done but the invites are not even out yet so i guess i could work on the ones i know for sure are coming!!! do i wash them before painting or after adn before the rub-on?

wash before. They are fine if you wash them after, but you want to apply everything to a clean surface.

5 months ahead is fine. it's more fun to do this stuff early. i started on mine before I sent out the invites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2BMrsBeckermann View Post
I don't think its too early to start thinking about doing these things. I kept saying "oh I can wait and do that" and now I look up and my wedding is next week and I am scrambling to get things finished!
I'm not sure if you told me but what time is your wedding & where are you having it. Ours are on the sam day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post
I went through this same problem... sports bottle or travel mug.
I ended up with the travel mug after ordering a bunch of sports bottle samples.
Can I ask where you ordered your sports bottle samples from? I don't think we necessarily need to personalize ours, but I'm beginning to think more and more that it might be a great idea to at least provide bottles. We aren't staying at an AI (so no need to keep drinks cold), but our hotel has huge filtered water dispensers in every room. If we gave people bottles to fill every day, they wouldn't have to buy bottled water everywhere we go!

Thanks!!

The only thing I would keep in mind is what your planinng on using the bottles for, if it is water great. If however it is alcohol I would think the bottles would not be as easy as the cups for the bartenders to make your drinks in, or to pour the drinks from another cup into. Cleaning them will also be more difficult. Just a couple of things to think about. My guests used their cups all of the time, and I do mean all the time, they were never without them.

I havne't ordered the bottles yet.. so i am no help in telling you where to get them from. I want to do an insalated cup but i dont' want to spend 100 just on teh cups to only know i have more to buy with the bags and favors. and I am useing the for Alcohol so everyone makes a good point on the fact that it would be hard on the bartenders.

i am getting Married at the Royal Decameron in Puerto Vallart not my 1 or 2nd choice but it is a price where a lot of my quest can afford!!!

I CAN'T WAIT!