Okay..here they are! I'm not sure if I posted them already...but I wanted you ladies to check them out..the final ones and let me know what you think!! They are really simple and plain, but that was the ONLY thing we could agree on!

I know they are plain......be brutally honest! Working on some monograms thanks to you ladies..I can figure it out in powerpoint! :)

Attachment 1188

finalboardingpass.doc

They look good, but .... yes, they are very plain. You can't find a piece of clip-art of monogram or anything to jazz it up a bit? Or is that what you'll do once you get the monogram finished?

If you have the font "wmtrees1" downloaded from Download fonts | dafont.com ... you should see a Palm Tree that I added to the first page. Just to see if you guys like something like that...

finalboardingpass[1].doc

I thnk it needs something. Not sure what, but there are lots of fonts that you can use to jazz it up. Even if you don't add a font that has palm trees, tropical flowers, seashells or something, perhaps jsut playing around with different fonts could help. For instance, you could make certain things scripty, or block-y. The info looks good and everything, but at first glance they seem like they are missing something.

Is there something you have adopted as your "theme"? (Tami used Palm Trees, I used hibiscuses, Shelley used starfish, as examples)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlymcmullen View Post
I thnk it needs something. Not sure what, but there are lots of fonts that you can use to jazz it up. Even if you don't add a font that has palm trees, tropical flowers, seashells or something, perhaps jsut playing around with different fonts could help. For instance, you could make certain things scripty, or block-y. The info looks good and everything, but at first glance they seem like they are missing something.

Is there something you have adopted as your "theme"? (Tami used Palm Trees, I used hibiscuses, Shelley used starfish, as examples)
We don't have a theme....Trav is against the logos....I mean, the outside packet will have our monogram on it..but even that is just fancy fonts with our initials. We went with the font we had b/c it looks the most "like" a boarding pass. I kind of think it needs something
as well...but you can't win them all....I at least got my idea of boarding passes down! :) Invitations will be all my own! Maybe when I have them printed out with everything they will look better!!! I was thinking that for the pocket they go in...they will be the blue color of our writing, with our monogram in white maybe? Or what do you suggest for mongram color on that blue color envelope?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaBrooke View Post
I think they are so cool! I am definitely going to do boarding passes. Great job - I am so glad when it comes time to start making mine I will have some great examples to refer to. I just hope mine turn out as great as yours. Thanks for sharing!! cheer2.gif
Thanks, but believe me, mine are the bottom of the barrel compared to some of these talented ladies!!!!! Check out the STD threads and you will be AMAZED!!!smile43.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisha0612 View Post
We don't have a theme....Trav is against the logos....I mean, the outside packet will have our monogram on it..but even that is just fancy fonts with our initials. We went with the font we had b/c it looks the most "like" a boarding pass. I kind of think it needs something
as well...but you can't win them all....I at least got my idea of boarding passes down! :) Invitations will be all my own! Maybe when I have them printed out with everything they will look better!!! I was thinking that for the pocket they go in...they will be the blue color of our writing, with our monogram in white maybe? Or what do you suggest for mongram color on that blue color envelope?
My envelope pockets are blue as well and I tried printing it with every color imaginable. I didn't like any of it. I wanted to try white, but didn't have the white ink, so I found that a darker blue worked best as a complement to the color of my bright blue envelopes.