Mokume Wedding Rings / Engagement Rings

Has anyone heard of this? As I was searching for Palladium rings, I found these and they are VERY cool and unique.

Handcrafted Ring - Handcrafted Rings - Unique Wedding Bands

Mokume Engagement rings - Handcrafted Ring - Designer diamond engagement rings

Since I have to get a new e-ring ... I'm so torn these days as to if I want the same as I had initially, or if I want something totally new and unique.

These rings are so cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Why do you need a new ering?
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlymcmullen View Post
Tami - I must've missed it somewhere, but what happened to your ering?
Oh gosh, mine was stolen months ago, whie Tom was still in Iraq. I took it off to put on lotion at the tanning salon and left it. Went back just a few minutes later, freaking out -- and they had my lotion that I left in the room (e-ring was RIGHT next to it) but noone saw the e-ring. I put up reward signs, filed a police report, checked the pawn shops (and the girls fingers every time I'm in the tanning salon) but to no avail. The owner even helped move the bed to check to make it hadn't fallen somewhere. One of those young HS girls who clean the beds must feel they needed that ring more than me. (I can't believe I can even talk about it so calmly now -- I thought my world was ending and I cried uncontrollably for days when it happened).

Luckily, Tom didn't go too nuts about it. I got a replica CZ (mine was a tacori platinum w/ 3 stones and pave diamond edging) that I wear now and we're going to replace the e-ring as a 1-year anniversary diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyB View Post
Wow I messed that story about your E-ring as well. Your ring wasn't insured?
Ah, touchy subject. There was a thread about it many moons/months ago.

I asked Tom right after I got it and he said that it was ... so I never bothered to check.

Turns out it wasn't. We could have filed it under our Homeowners Insurance, but we decided the claim would do more harm than good ... so we're just taking it as a loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlymcmullen View Post
Wow, Tami, I am sorry to hear that and sorry I missed first time around!! I am glad that you guys figured out a way to fix it and it wasn't too much drama (fighting) involved.
Thanks! No, we didn't fight about it. I had to email him to tell him since he was still in Iraq ... and he called to ask what happened but then said, "let's put this behind us" and that he'd get me another one down the road (or that we could skip the honeymoon and he'd replace it now -- I said NO WAY!).

We never brought it up again. But people compliment me on my "Gorgeous e-ring" all the time and Tom and I just smile b/c it's CZ now. But even people who know us and don't know what happened have no clue it's not the Tacori that he bought. But he HATES that I am wearing a CZ ... so we don't tell anyone. Even his Mom still talks about how beautiful it is, blah, blah, blah. We just laugh now b/c my Mom knows it was stolen but we didn't tell his Mom.