Shoe Dilemma! Help!

I had planned on getting married barefoot on the beach and slipping into a pair of pretty flip flops for the reception. The thing is, FI is a smidge over a foot taller than I am. He really wants me in a heel for the wedding. I wear a lot of heels when we go out, but am accident prone, and definitely don't want to take a header down the aisle! I know a lot of you are thinking of wearing wedges. Can you really walk comfortably in them on the sand?

I'm wearing flip flops (my FI is shorter than me). I might even dig a little hole in the sand for me to stand in.. j/k!!!

The sand at Dreams Cabo was very rough, like large pebbles, not what you would normally think of sand. I found it painful at times to walk on it barefoot.. that and if your ceremony is early, it could be hot!

I do have the pretty shoes to wear later, but not sure if I will or not.

I have to second the no barefoot comment. I planned on being barefoot for the ceremony in Cabo. But when we went down for our site visit, my plan quickly changed. The sand hurt my feet because of the texture. Worse than that though was the heat. It was about 3 pm when we were checking out the beach and the wooden walkways and sand were too too too hot to walk on. I was jumping around like a crazy person - not a look I want for the wedding.

Just something to keep in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANET1111 View Post
I wore wedges (2.5 inch heels?) in the sand and it was fine. The key is having an ankle strap so that they stay on snugly with no effort.
Thanks Janet! I think I'll probably get a pair of wedges that I would wear anyway and the flip flops (maybe platform Havaianias). I still want to go barefoot, and had wanted barefoot sandals, but I hadn't even thought about rough sand or it being hot.