Small Wedding - what itinerary?

Yeah, if it wasn't for us going over the 30 person limit, we would have just done the semi-private dinner (which is included). Unfortunately, once we hit 31 guests, we can no longer do the semi-private so stuck with the private reception. Oh well, we'll make the most of it!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I was the only one going through this. Ugh !!

We are only having about 20 people and our package includes a semi private dinner and cake and champagne toast. My only concern is having people go all the way over there and not have a reception. So I just emailed the wedding coordinator and asked about having a small beach party hopefully she says its possible and it wont be too expensive.

(fingers crossed)

We only had 9 guests come to our wedding. We had champagne toast on the beach with pictures after the ceremony, then headed up to the lobby bar for drinks while we waited for the reception. Our reception was just a semi-private dinner at one of the al a cartes. Nothing fancy, but we plugged in our docking station and had a good time. After dinner a few of us went swimming in the ocean with our wedding gear on -- good times and continued to drink at the bar and then back at my BIL's room.

I am having a less than 20 person wedding and and not setting an itinerary. Basically I want a stress free wedding and don't want my guests tied down to times I have set except for the actual ceremony and reception dinner. Let the free for all begin and this is their holiday too!

I'm so glad you posted this thread - we too are having a small wedding - no more than 20 - and a private dinner - not sure what to do afterward and the restaurant has a no music policy so wondering for folks having dinner - are you planning on having a first dance and if so how and where do you plan on having it?

Hey Ladies,

It puts me at ease to read that some of you too are having small parties. I invited approximately 45 people and realistically am going to get less than 15. Initially I understood that not everyone would be able to go. Times is hard, ya know!? But when reality kicks in and you start to get people humming and hawing, it kinda of depresses you. I love everyone that I invited and would truly be honored if they showed, but understand that most won't. Not because of not wanting to, but because they can't afford it.

I know that no matter how many people we have, we will have a wonderful time. We'll plan something very informal at home when we get back.

Thanks ladies. I always feel so much better after reading these posts.

We have 7 people attending with us for the wedding so we opted to do the following:

4 pm - wedding

4:30-5:30 - 1 hr cocktail reception with our first dance & cake cutting. I don't think we are having a father/dtr or mother/son dance

6 - 7 - change, get comfy, refresh from the heat

7 pm - meet at one of the resort restaurants for dinner together

After dinner is going to be play it by ear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girasole View Post
We have 7 people attending with us for the wedding so we opted to do the following:
4 pm - wedding
4:30-5:30 - 1 hr cocktail reception with our first dance & cake cutting. I don't think we are having a father/dtr or mother/son dance
6 - 7 - change, get comfy, refresh from the heat
7 pm - meet at one of the resort restaurants for dinner together
After dinner is going to be play it by ear...
AH Thanks for the idea!!!!

We will probably be having dinner at one of the resort restaurants and not a private reception and I was wondering when we would get our first dance in, but having a cocktail hour and doing it then would be perfect!

• 2 weeks later...

There are 16 of us with an 11:00 am wedding. I REALLY want us all to eat dinner together but they cant accomodate us all together unless we do a private dinner. My daughter (2nd marriage) just hasnt budgeted for the extra cost of doing this for 16. I feel GUILTY and cheap, like all this planning then the wedding will take about 15 min and its all over till we get home and have the AHR. sad.gif