Vdaybride's non pro wedding pic slideshow

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Beautiful pics!!!! You inspired me to nominate a "non-professional photographer" from my family as well :)

Thank you! The best thing that I did was set up a photobucket account and give all of my guests the password. I had all of my guests upload the pics and now I have over 400 non professional pics! I would highly recommend it!

Thanks ladies for all of the kind words!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Did you also have professional photography at all? I am REALLY having a hard time with paying $1K or more for pictures...
Hi Diva (with a finger snap) lol yes, I had a professional photographer and videographer. I never set a budget for pics, I just knew I didn't want to go any where NEAR 5K for pics!! Pics are REALLY important for me though. This only happens once in our lives (if we are lucky) I never wanted to regret not having this special time in our lives documented properly. For us it was definitely a great investment. If budget is a concern, maybe you can cut back in other areas. Maybe do some DIY projects instead of buying them already done..I say it is worth the investment girlie.. good luck! Keep me posted on what you decide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdaybride View Post
Hi Diva (with a finger snap) lol yes, I had a professional photographer and videographer. I never set a budget for pics, I just knew I didn't want to go any where NEAR 5K for pics!! Pics are REALLY important for me though. This only happens once in our lives (if we are lucky) I never wanted to regret not having this special time in our lives documented properly. For us it was definitely a great investment. If budget is a concern, maybe you can cut back in other areas. Maybe do some DIY projects instead of buying them already done..I say it is worth the investment girlie.. good luck! Keep me posted on what you decide!
I agree Vdaybride! One place we decided not to skimp was photography. I'm sure our guests will take plenty of pictures and we will have one or two amateur videos too but we also want it professionally done. It is an investment, many years from now you'll have these pics to look at. We also thought that if we were having a big at home wedding we would have to pay tons more.

You have good enough time to research and find budget friendly photographers in PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheree10 View Post
and Vday: this is off topic but how did hubby like the bd album?
also, you hair looked great- did you get it done on the resort? any tips? I'm still trying to figure out my hair do.
Hi girlie!! He said that he loved the album, but honestly his eyes DID NOT light up as much as they did when he saw that watch I had for him sad.gif lol I think it was the make up, it did look a little draggish is a few of the pics. He loved the womanly parts in those pics, but my face could have been bare and he would have been happier.. MEN! I think I looked at that book more than he did since I gave it to himsmile27.gif I could have used that BD money for some new Loubs smile35.gif haha.. but that watch!! he has not stopped wearing it or showing it off to all who will look at it.

I researched the best hair and makeup team in Cabo and had them come to my room and do my hair and makeup. I took a lot of hair and make up pics with me and I was happy with the final product. All of that worrying and stressing for nothing lol. I am sure you will be fine! I had my hairstylist make some clip in pieces for me and the stylist there was comfortable working with them.

Vday bride: Well at least he loved the watch. I think the BD experience is worth it alone. The pics are not just for my FI but for myself also. Right now I'm still young and have no children so at least we'll have something to look back on when I'm no longer the size/shape I am. Plus, he would never expect that I would do someting like this so he will be surprised!

I need to get on researching a hair stylist in Aruba. I booked one with the resort but I have the option to find someone else. I found a wonderful stylist in NY who does great weaves and hair pieces. I figure I'll have her add hair and get it washed and styled for the wedding.