Travel Information Card w/Wedding Invitations

Hi all,

I have been searching far and wide for the most appropriate and effective wording for the travel information or a"dditional info" cards that go along with the invitiations.

So far the invitiations and done and the RVSPs. But the information card is holding me up.

Any examples or templates anyone want to sharehuh.gif??

Thanks,

Shannon

This is mine: I did it in word in bullet form (with heart bullets).

Due to the fact not everybody will have a car I will be asking that everyone with room in there car allow others to ride with them. I will send out information to let you know who you are riding with at a later date.

It is very important everyone arrive at the chapel BEFORE 2:45. We will all meet at the chapel and follow each other to the ceremony location which is at the park a few minutes away.

The ceremony will conclude around 3:30, allowing people time if to take pictures around the park if they would like.

Dinner will be at The Keg Steakhouse in the Embassy Suites at 5:00.

Not sure if this helps, good luck!

Thank you so much, this has helped, I decided to go prettty generic....

GUEST INFORMATION
(starfish stamp)
THE WEDDING OF SHANNON AND JOSEPH

Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar
Riviera Maya, México
Travel Dates: April 26, 2010 – May 4, 2010

Kindly Reserve Your Rooms by February 28th
as Rooms Book Up Quickly

For More Hotel and Local Attraction Information
Please Visit Out Website at
finleychierchie.com

• 5 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenM View Post
Hey Shannon,

Here is a pic of what we did (sorry, it's blocked by the rsvp card).
We just made 3.5 x 5 cards w/ a colored border that matched our invites. We listed the location, our TA info, room types & costs, deadline for booking & our website.

Click the image to open in full size.
KarenM-- I am currently searching for invites and yours are GREAT! Do you mind telling me where you found them? (Hopefully online?)

Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbott View Post
KarenM-- I am currently searching for invites and yours are GREAT! Do you mind telling me where you found them? (Hopefully online?)

Thank you!!
Hey, sure thing! I did get them online so you're in luck!
I bought the invitation separately from the outer pocket, trimmed the tan/sandy colored paper so they would fit & just used glue dots to secure them. The teal pockets are from cardsandpockets.com. You can order samples from them & they have great customer service.

We got the actual invitation (the natural paper background with the palm leaf invite) & response cards from happiepaper (a division of passionpaper.com). The price was $2.00 per invitation. We paid extra for our return address to be printed on the back of the main envelopes and on the response card envelopes, but I think it was worth it.

We were really happy with how they turned out overall, but the only caveat I would warn you about is to be super careful when filling out the online order form. I wrote everything out in a Word document (the wording of the invitation) and then copied & pasted into their form, but there was a problem with formatting so a couple things were missing when I got the proof. They charge $50 for ANY changes after you receive your proof which I thought was not cool considering we were only missing one S and 2 exclamation marks (which had been there on my Word doc but disappeared when I pasted into the form).
Plus the woman I had been emailing back & forth with (I think she's co-owner) was flaky in that she never sent us the 2nd proof & 2 weeks later when I threatened to take my business elsewhere she finally emailed me back stating she had sent it to me & thought I had already OK'd it (none of which had happened).

Anyway it might have been a fluke & I'm not trying to deter you b/c you might have a completely positive experience if you order from them, but she was pretty unprofessional so I just thought I should share that info.

Here's the invitation:
Palm Leaf Wedding Invitations

This is the pocket we ordered
Signature PocketFold <br> Tiffany (Metallic)

I bought the mini sand dollars on ebay & raffia at Michaels and we made the travel info inserts at home. Sorry for the long rant & let me know if you have any questions. Good luck with your invitations!
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
Originally Posted by finleys7 View Post

Thank you so much, this has helped, I decided to go prettty generic....

GUEST INFORMATION

(starfish stamp)

THE WEDDING OF SHANNON AND JOSEPH

Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar

Riviera Maya, México

Travel Dates: April 26, 2010 – May 4, 2010

Kindly Reserve Your Rooms by February 28th

as Rooms Book Up Quickly

Please Call Our Travel Agent,

Erin Finley-Conforti at (516) 378-3100

Or [email protected]

For More Hotel and Local Attraction Information

Please Visit Out Website at

finleychierchie.com

This is PERFECT!!  Thank you for sharing...I was looking for a template/outline for wording to follow, and I love this.  Thank you!!

• Like 1