Hair and Make-Up

I am not a person who is into make up and hair. I brush my hair and go one with my day, and will put a little make-up on but nothing I really know about.

I've been searching for tips/ideas for my own and make-up but also for the BM's since they will not go to the spa, we will be doing it. I haven't gotten much from the web. Looking for something simple, elegant, fun, beautiful (is this asking to much for make-up and hair)

I am hoping some of you have some pics or ideas for hair and make-up. I need help, freaking out a little!!!!

Thanks so much in advance (btw-I looked it up and found no thread)

I would go to MAC/Sephora and have them do some trial runs and show you tips to DIY> maybe you could go with your BM and make a fun day of it??

Then you'll know what makeup works best for you to and how to apply it! Definitely keep in mind pictures, you'll want to wear more than normal and there is HD stuff and nothing with SPF or shimmer. haha there are threads about this is you do a search!

Good luck

I second going to MAC. I don't usually wear make-up but I will be for the wedding. I went this past weekend to the MAC store and talked to one of the consultants and told her what I wanted. She picked all the items and we did a trial with her also explaining how to apply everything. Then from there you just pick the items you want to purchase. I was very pleased with the outcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutedimplestee View Post
I second going to MAC. I don't usually wear make-up but I will be for the wedding. I went this past weekend to the MAC store and talked to one of the consultants and told her what I wanted. She picked all the items and we did a trial with her also explaining how to apply everything. Then from there you just pick the items you want to purchase. I was very pleased with the outcome.
I was thinking of Mac, but a gf of mine got married last year, went to mac because she applyed her own make-up and she spend over $200. That is not my budged, since we will not wear the make-up again.
I am sure I could find a place a little less $$ and will do the same, thanks for the great idea!!

NaM,
Thanks for the thread. I did search, but i search 'hair and make-up' and search just 'make-up' nothing came up. Nothing ever comes up in my search
sad.gif maybe I need to have exact words of the thread that has been posted.
I will keeping search, thank you!!

Anyone have hair style ideas now?! lol I am not willing to spend $60 for a trail here in my town for the bm's (I am going to the spa for the wedding day, but doing TTD and will not go to the spa) so I need something easy and simple for both BM hair and ttd hair for the bride.

since you have some time, go to MAC but I'd also go to Chanel and every other counter and have them do your face. What works for some people doesn't work for others. I love Chanel Foundation but I use Maybelline Stiletto Eyeliner and Mascara.

the most important thing is that you Practice putting it on, so it's not all new the day of the wedding. Youtube also has great instructional videos on how to put on make up.

This site has pictures of people made up:

Wedding Makeup Pictures - Project Wedding

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykitten View Post
since you have some time, go to MAC but I'd also go to Chanel and every other counter and have them do your face. What works for some people doesn't work for others. I love Chanel Foundation but I use Maybelline Stiletto Eyeliner and Mascara.

the most important thing is that you Practice putting it on, so it's not all new the day of the wedding. Youtube also has great instructional videos on how to put on make up.

This site has pictures of people made up:

Wedding Makeup Pictures - Project Wedding
Great info, thank you so much for sharing. It's very true, may like 1 product but may not like them all. I think I'll make it a fun day and take my MH and try make-up on. My only problem is.. I want to use the same make-up for 3 girls. and then try to use it for me for ttd the next day. Think this is possible?
Or do you think I would have to buy 3 different foundation?

It would honestly be a miracle if all 3 of you could wear the same color foundation. More likely than not you will have to get different ones to match your skin tone so it blends evenly.

I would recommend long wear foundation because it doesn't transfer (when you hug/kiss people).

Maybe I'm just a germaphob but I don't like sharing my mascara either...just something about other peoples eye germs.

Bring a brush cleaner so you can clean the brushes inbetween uses/colors.

Ahhh there is so much about makeup!!

Also if you don't want to spend too much money you could just get ideas from the makeup counters and then buy drugstore brands. Also Kohls has makeup by Estee Lauder but it is more reasonably priced. Also I love Mary Kay - the quality is great and the prices are too. I would see if you know someone that is a consultant and they can guide you on how to put the makeup on yourself and even give you samples (might save some money there too) Good luck - playing around will help you get more comfortable with applying & doing your own make up.

As for hair I would look for pictures and maybe do searches on youtube for step by step instructions. Good Luck!

Also if you don't want to spend too much money you could just get ideas from the makeup counters and then buy drugstore brands. Also Kohls has makeup by Estee Lauder but it is more reasonably priced. Also I love Mary Kay - the quality is great and the prices are too. I would see if you know someone that is a consultant and they can guide you on how to put the makeup on yourself and even give you samples (might save some money there too) Good luck - playing around will help you get more comfortable with applying & doing your own make up.

As for hair I would look for pictures and maybe do searches on youtube for step by step instructions. Good Luck!