Meredith's Paradisus Riviera Cancun Wedding Review - April 3, 2009

Here is my wedding review - Jesse and I got married on Friday, April 3, 2009 at the Paradisus Riviera Cancun.

We arrived at the resort on Monday. Check-in was quick and easy. They had our room ready when we arrived - it was 10:30 a.m. The lobby area of the resort is beautiful and the photos do not do it justice. It is one of the nicest hotels I have ever seen. The hotel is about 15 minutes from the airport. Once we checked in, we were driven (via golf cart) to our room. The grounds are awesome - amazing trees, flowers and bushes. Just wonderful. We were upgraded to an ocean view room because we had booked over 50 guests for the wedding. The rooms are very nice, very clean. I had heard a lot of people talk about how hard the beds were - but I thought they were just fine. I slept great every night.

The second day we met with our dj (Carlos Mannia) and our photographers (Playaweddings). Both meetings were scheduled via email before we left and everyone was on time. The meetings were quick. We talked about the wedding day schedule and were the wedding would be. Then we met with Perla to finalize the details. I was very concerned because it was so windy at the resort (especially on the beach). I asked them if there was anything they could do to weigh down my veil - they said they would try. Ultimately, the said it was too windy and there was nothing they could do. Amazingly, the day of the wedding, the wind died down and I was able to wear the veil.

It was so much fun meeting up with friends and family. We spent a lot of time in the lobby bar at night - which is sooo pretty. We also spent a fair amount of time in the Fun Pub, which was actually a lot of fun. One night there were some spring breakers dancing, but on the whole, the crowd is 20-50s and more laid back than partiers. They also have a game area with pool and ping pong, which was fun. There is the pool bar (but I found the water a bit cold) and a great beach bar near buildings 3 and 4. I loved this place the most.

I enjoyed all of the restaurants (The French restaurant was just okay - but I am a picky eater). The buffet was awesome and tons of choices. There was never a lack of food. We also got room service a bunch - which was also great. No one got sick from the food either. We were able to reserve a bunch of seats at some of the restaurants for up to 50 people. We also reserved 50 seats for everyone at the buffet restaurant for the rehearsal dinner. The rehearsal was quick and easy on the beach. Our pastor from Florida was in charge of it.

I had a trial hair run on Wednesday. She has a book of hair styles that I choose. She did a great job!!! The trial run was not very tight and it feel out as soon as I left the spa. I was concerned that it would fall out on the wedding day, but she knew what she was doing and it was beautiful on the wedding day and lasted all ceremony/reception until I took it out. My one piece of advise - do NOT get your nails done. I got a manicure/pedicure. Some friends of mine did as well. Not only were they bad (especially the french pedicure), but they chipped the next day. Don't waste your money on this one. Some friends of mine said the massages were wonderful. They had an extra girl help do the bridesmaid's hair. Everyone did a great job on the hair!

The wedding went off without a hitch. The flowers were not done correctly - but I will take the fall for that. I think there was some miscommunication on what I wanted. I wanted my flowers to be pink and white, and the bridesmaids to be all pink. All of the flowers were delivered as pink and white. No big deal though. DJ Carlos arrived very early to set up the sound system for the ceremony. My father and brother in law played their guitars at the ceremony. Carlos helped plug their guitars into the sound system. The photographers arrived on time and took great photos/videos. Perla and Daniella did everything perfectly. The tables were more beautiful than I had imagined. The service at the wedding was awesome - everyone was great! We forgot the garter and the photo for people to sign in the room. Perla went and got it. She really went above and beyond the call of duty.

I can't think of much else to say except it was perfect and everyone had a great time!

I have tried to attach some photos...I am not sure how to do it.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

-Meredith

I am trying to figure out how to post. I will post them when I figure it out. The fun pub opens at 11:00 every night and stays open till around 2:00 a.m. The lobby bar is open until 12:00 every night. Some nights they have a band and other entertainment.