Stupid Bridal Salon!

starchild

Wow Mo, seems like you've really bent over backwards and got the short end of the stick where your cousin is concerned! In your shoes, I wouldn't want to go to that same salon either. In fact, I probably wouldn't go.

If you don't really care what dress you end up with then maybe they can pick what they like and let you know. If it's a brand/style you can get anywhere I would order it from another salon.

That's just me, I have a problem patronizing a business that's done me wrong. I remember your story and that qualifies as a lifetime boycott...lol Sorry you're in this predicament :o(

I agree. Don't give business to a bad shop. Just... dont.

Find other places and suggest them, and if your cousin still won't change, then tell her to pick a dress and you'll order yours from a different shop.

You're not being difficult, you're just being pragmatic.

I agree with all said above. I wouldn't give that business more money and I would think she wouldn't want to either. If she chooses to, that is her business and not yours. There are plenty of places you could order your dress from.

But really, if you speak to her honestly about it, she would prob understand and could go to another place. It's all in the approach, I think.

I don't know that I would go. Does she know the issues you have had with this salon? She should totally respect your feelings for not wanting to go given what you've dealt with. Also, I would think she would want to shy away from it based on your bad experiences.

However, that said, we all know how it was/is to be a new bride and how exciting the planning is and how important it is for others to join in our excitement. So, on that hand -- putting your feelings aside, despite how bad of a cousin she has been to you lately, might also show you being the bigger person.

Tough call!

Just my 2 cents, I wouldn't go back to a store where both you and your mom received horrible service.

If your cousin is set on going to that salon and knows the dress style/designer, maybe you can just get it from somewhere else.

You are really nice/sweet to consider going there. I know I wouldn't. I would probably be mad all over again.

I think you handled that very well but I still don't think I would even go to the store at all. Why relive that experience? And what if you happen to encounter the salesperson that gave you the terrible service?

If you don't think the dress choice will matter to you, then I would let them pick out the dress & then you can order it from someplace else, as you said.

On another note, I hope you made a complaint with your local Better Business Bureau against the store. All complaints go on record and I'm sure that would not look well when other consumers go to check them out.

Before I ordered my gown, I made sure to look up each bridal salon that I thought I would use. One particular salon had too many outstanding/unresolved complaints so I scratched them off of my list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO View Post
I think you handled that very well but I still don't think I would even go to the store at all. Why relive that experience? And what if you happen to encounter the salesperson that gave you the terrible service?
I have to agree. With family things get sticky and I know you don't want to make waves, but are you sure you want to have them see you back there, potentially giving them more business? Good luck with the outcome but family or not, I wouldn't go near there unless I was holding a picket sign...lol

Mo - I think you're being more than gracious, and certainly handling it better than I would... I remember your stories about that place and there is no way I would've gone back. Cheers to you for being a better person than I would've been.