Have you seen the new Valerie Bertinelli commerical?

NYJen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly76 View Post
I saw a magazine cover one day in the grocery store, star or people, one of those, and they had a pic of jennifer love hewitt and saying how fat she is, umm, she is so NOT fat at all. Maybe her boobs were a little too big for the bathing suit top she had on, but c'mon, if she's fat then there is truly a problem.

I know, I saw that too and thought, "Ok, now the media is just grasping at straws."

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJen View Post
I know, I saw that too and thought, "Ok, now the media is just grasping at straws."
I was so pissed when I saw that too...no wonder there are so many girls/women out there w/ eating disorders and body image issues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly76 View Post
I saw a magazine cover one day in the grocery store, star or people, one of those, and they had a pic of jennifer love hewitt and saying how fat she is, umm, she is so NOT fat at all. Maybe her boobs were a little too big for the bathing suit top she had on, but c'mon, if she's fat then there is truly a problem.
i saw that one too on Jennifer - it was a shot of her in a bikini from behind. and no, it wasn't the most flattering picture - but she is by no means overweight at all! she was pretty pissed - mainly just at the media for pressuring women in general to live up to this unrealistic ideal. so frustrating.