Destination Wedding Advice Needed!

Hello all,

I am starting to look for wedding places in Cancun for my destination wedding. The one that I really like is called Sandos Cancun. I emailed them yesterday and tried calling them today (have not gotten a response). Anyways their wedding package is about $5,000. When I get in contact with them, what should I ask them?

Also, i'd like to hear about your experiences and how much it cost? Budget is a main concern. 

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

HI foreveryoung,

Congratulations on your engagement!! The main things to ask is for hidden fees.

A lot of the packages charge extra if you don't use their suggested vendors. For example if you want to bring your own photographer or DJ or make up artist they will charge you a fee (can range from $200 and up).

Also, with décor items, ask what is included in the package and how much it is for extras. Usually coloured chair sashes are additional cost as well as flower decorations.

Make sure you read your package inclusions well including all the fine print before you agree to sign with any resort. Most packages have a guest limit and if you go over there is a fee, if the guests are not staying at the same resort there is also a daypass fee.

My wedding was at iberostar paraiso Maya and we spent about $7000 all in.

Hope this helps.