Switching Resorts! Recommendations Please!

Initially we were getting married October 17, 2017 at the Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya.  I spent months researching and we had finally picked everything we wanted and I e-mailed the resort to book.  Well, the resort had changed some reception options for 2017 and our 75-100 person wedding was going to end up costing us $5,000 more than it would in 2016 OR we could not have our reception on the beach.  We're going to Mexico to get married we want the reception to be on the beach or at the very least overlooking the ocean.

We visited the Grand Palladium in the past and loved it which is why we picked the resort.  Now I'm at a loss.  Where do we go?  Recommendations please!!

@@andreapurcell1

I had my wedding at Beach Palace and I would recommend it to anyone. You have a lot of guests so you would definitely qualify for all of the unlimited private events and that's a really big perk to have because it saves you a lot. We had our ceremony and our reception on the Sky Terrace/Sky Deck (the rooftop of the resort) and it overlooks the ocean. Originally I wanted to have our ceremony on the beach, but once we discovered this option we actually loved it a lot more. It was such a nice spot for our party at night.

Edited by perianjay
  • Like 2

@@andreapurcell1 I second @, beach palace has a beautiful rooftop 360 vies of both beach the lagoon. The beach is just so amazing.

Please follow link of a wedding we did at Beachpalacecancun in 2015, https://dreamweddingsrivieramayablogdotcom.wordpress.com/2015/11/14/mahsa-and-kiarash-beach-palace-cancun-resort-cancun-destination-wedding/

Are you working with a travel agent? if not I would definitely bring one in.

Happy Planning!

Joyce

• Like 1

@andreapurcell1  I'm sorry you're going through all of this. Whoever said planning a destination wedding wasn't stressful was definitely kidding!

I'm going to second what Joyce @@dreamweddings said. If you don't yet have a travel agent, I would highly recommend adding one to your planning journey. A travel agent will help you wade through all the resort choices and will help you with your "must haves" as well as your don't wants, and will also help you stay on budget and on price point for your guests.

There are a lot of beautiful resorts in the RM. So many brides have said it's the hardest part of their planning and if 20 brides were asked, you would get 20 different recommendations on resorts. The owner of this site is a travel agent specializing in destination weddings, and can work with brides on both sides of the US-Canada border. You can contact them through this site and reviews of their services are posted in the vendor reviews section.

Good luck and happy planning!

• Like 1