Do You Need A Wc For Site Visits?

My finance and I are going down to Cabo in February to check out some venues. I have a list of 3-4 places that I really like. Do you think a wedding coordinator is needed for these site visits or can we just do them on our own? I plan on eventually hiring a wedding coordinator for the month of the wedding.

@komalley12  Welcome to BDW! Cabo is a beautiful place to get married and there have been lots of Cabo brides on the site. You don't say if it's resorts you're considering or private venues.

If you're using a resort, you won't need a wedding coordinator and generally resorts will charge an outside vendor fee anyway for you to have someone on site. The resorts generally have a WC (or more than one on site) that will be assigned to work with you. It would only be if you're doing everything completely off site that a coordinator may be of help but if you're only doing visits, I would go just the two of you to start with. Make a list of all of your questions - everything you can think of. From food, to decor, to cake, flowers, extra charges, bar costs if any, top shelf liquor. Write it all down and go crazy with questions. A resort coordinator will expect that and be ready as well as take you on a tour of the site. If it's a private venue then you'll definitely have to find out if they have exclusive suppliers that they use, which would naturally restrict who you can use but they still should be prepared to answer your questions.

Good luck! Let us know how you make out.

• Like 1

My finance and I are going down to Cabo in February to check out some venues. I have a list of 3-4 places that I really like. Do you think a wedding coordinator is needed for these site visits or can we just do them on our own? I plan on eventually hiring a wedding coordinator for the month of the wedding.

@@komalley12 here is what I suggest you think about,

if your 4 locations are private not resorts.  Talk to your possible coordinator , you plan on hiring for the Month of.  See if they do not offer the service of site visit. Reason being, they can already share with you plenty of information about the different locations.

Also this help you get to know your coordinator a bit.

Happy Planning!

• Like 1