Joannabanana's Planning Thread - May 12Th 2016 - Grand Sirenis

The Grand Sirenis also has a facebook group and lots from the UK!

$800 is stupid! I mean I only paid $500 for my dress for crying out loud!  I think for my DIY invites we paid around $35! hahah!

You aren't cheap, you are smart!

Yeah I think I spent $45 for all mine, including all the supplies I didn't have like paper punchers and things like that. 

• Like 1

Glad to hear I'm not cheap!  I was literally laughing out loud.  I've never had invitations made before, and I know all things wedding related tend to be inflated in price so I thought maybe it was normal!  I have all next week off, so I'm going to try to buckle down and bang these out.  I borrowed the giant paper cutter from work, I'm skeptical that it will cut with enough precision, but I'm going to try. 

With the design I'm having difficulty putting an image behind and still having it show up.  I'll fight with that over the weekend.

• Like 2

Good luck. Please post when you are done :)

Hahah I brought our paper cutter home from work often. I found it worked much better than the cheaper ones I had bought from michaels.

For my boarding passes I just cut a straight edge I didn't round the corners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@@JoannaBanana There's an online store called Paper Garden (I think that's it). I used them when we got married 4 years ago and their paper prices are amazing! They also have the fold over envelopes as well as the special square size ones that would work for passport and boarding pass invites. I found the link  www.paper-garden.ca  You can order "chips" of the paper styles and colours to see what you like. They're pricing is great and since it's Canada they'll use priority post to send so you aren't paying US shipping costs.

Hope that helps!

• Like 2