Montego Bay Nightlife

Hello ladies - I am hoping for some advice as we start to plan out our wedding weekend in Montego Bay. I'm searching for a fun, laid back place to listen to good music, dance and have some drinks with our guests in the evenings. The majority of the group is in their 30's so nothing in the Spring Break category ;)

The disco at our hotel is known for being pretty dead so I want to be prepared with some offsite options, possibly on the Hip Strip.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Sandra

• 3 months later...

Hi Sandraco8,

I know of 2 places in MoBay that are kind of low key and chill, but really nice spots to hang out. Last time I was in MoBay (in May), however, I didn't see one of them...so maybe it has closed down since I was in JA last year :/  The spot I know that is still open is called Blue Beat - very nice, classy place with a live band on Friday nights. The other place that is possibly closed down is/was called Musiq Bar. Hopefully, it was just under reconstruction :unsure:  Both are very close to Margaritaville, so in case you all get the itch to turn it up a notch that alternative is nearby ;) (next door for Blue Beat and walking distance from Musiq Bar).

I see your wedding date is soon, so hope I'm not too late with the info. Early congrats! Have a blast and enjoy your special day!!!  :D