Worried My Dress Will Be Too Hot!

I bought my dress a while ago. I really fell in love with it, and it was also in my price range. It is gorgeous, but the underlay is some kind of satin material. After just standing 15 mins in it last night, my legs were sweaty. Now i am worried about staying all night in this.. I guess I could change, but i was really hoping to just keep my dress on. I don't know how hot I will get! Anyone else struggling with this?

My inner layer isn't satin, but to be honest - no matter what you have on, you will sweat!!  I sweat in my bathing suit, so it's something I have come to accept. I hope it isn't horribly bad!  Could you wear tight biker shorts or something to help with it? (and slip them off before the night is over - thinking they aren't so sexy hehe) My friend suggested 'chub rub' but that's more for friction not sweating. I am just going to go with it, cause I can't easily change. 

Deodorant ladies! Just apply deodorant to your thighs or where ever else you are worried about chaffing/rubbing and sweating...And voila! Works like a charm!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by kmk2016
  • Like 3

I was about the say the same thing! Deodorant all the way. Or some brides have suggested if you have a plug in close by, getting one of those dorm room fans and putting it under your dress! (Might work!)

I was wearing my dress and my fiance was wearing his suit for our pre-wedding pics. It was 36-38 degrees that day. We were so hot that we felt like we took a shower. Surprisingly, our pictures didn't look like we were sweating buckets. 

• Like 1

I have accepted that I will be hot  no matter what. During the time of year that I am getting married, the nights can cool off so I am hoping for some relief at the reception and planning on doing SOMETHING to help with the thigh sweating etc. Ultimately if you love it and it makes you happy the rest will fall into place. If not, I'll peel it off and jump in the pool at the end of night :lol: 

• Like 2

I am worried about the same thing! I only spent $200 on my dress so I am thinking about looking for a reception dress just in case. Great tip on the deodorant. I run a lot and when I wear shorts I always use body glide which is great for preventing any chaffing and won't give you any white residue or smell.

I bought my dress a while ago. I really fell in love with it, and it was also in my price range. It is gorgeous, but the underlay is some kind of satin material. After just standing 15 mins in it last night, my legs were sweaty. Now i am worried about staying all night in this.. I guess I could change, but i was really hoping to just keep my dress on. I don't know how hot I will get! Anyone else struggling with this?

I was in the same EXACT  boat as you!!!!

I had drooled over the Oleg Cassini CRL277 for YEARS, thinking it was "my" dress.   

I went to David's Bridal, tried it on, fell in love.   YET, when I was trying it on, and wearing it, I noticed it to be super hot.  I was also wearing that undershaper/bra and the slip, so I figured it was just nerves and the undergarments.  Walked out with my "dream" dress.

Took it home, tried it on, STILL HOT!!! I have also been doing weight training, so the dress kept getting bigger on me :/

I took it to a tailor, and she said I needed a smaller dress, due to alteration would cost too much to take it in.   I figured I couldn't get a refund or exchange.   

Went back to David's Bridal, and they were nice enough to let me do a size exchange BUT they didn't have the smaller size in that day.   I tried on the Oleg Cassini cwg482, and I knew, that that was going to be my dress.  It was less weight. and perfect!!!   They allowed me to do an exchange, since it wasnt cheaper than the CRL.

In all honesty, I sweat, like really really bad.  I don't want to be sweating more than usual on my wedding day, and having to worry about my make up getting all over my ivory dress, and just dealing with sweat in general.  

I think being comfortable is a HUGE part of feeling beautiful.  I think you should listen to your gut feeling, and not have to worry about the sweating. 

See if maybe you can do some type of exchange?  Tell the bridal store your situation and where you're getting married.  

I bought my dress 10 months before my wedding date.  I think this is a bad idea, since you have so much time to think about tthe dress as well as see other dresses that you may fall in love with.

Good luck! 

My dress is satin, not the shiny kind, but it's definitely not chiffon haha. I think it will be hot wearing whatever but at least i'll be wearing the dress I love. Also, the tighter the dress the hotter it will be. I want to suck it up because I really don't want to change into a reception dress. I will never get to wear this dress again and I really want to enjoy it as much as I can. I wear short dresses all the time. Deodorant all the way or I saw some chub rub at sportcheck this weekend. Apparently that's for chaffing? I hadn't heard of it before but I'll probably get some of that haha. I'm also probably getting some blotting paper from Sephora for us and our bridal party and putting it in their welcome bags :)