Before The Wedding Ahr?

Hi Guys!!

So I was wondering if anyone has ever had an AHR, but BEFORE the wedding. My FI and I were talking and we think it would be fun to have something the weekend before we leave with everyone back home! We just werent sure if that was something people might frown upon! 

We thought it would feel kind of like a "send off" of some sorts! 

Is that acceptable?

We live in Texas, so we would have BBQ, kegs of beer and cases of wine, and small mini cupcakes. I would want to have a photographer, SO it would be just like a reception, but any thoughts?

I think its a good idea to have a casual party to celebrate with people who may not be coming to the wedding.  I'm doing something similar, we are getting married at our church in our hometown 2 weeks before our destination wedding in cancun and we are planning on having a small celebration after the church ceremony.  Not sure exactly what we will do but maybe just dinner with family or just host an informal bbq at my mom's house this way we get to celebrate with family and friends who aren't going to cancun and we get the church wedding/legal wedding done before we do the beach wedding in Cancun. Wow now that I think about it we are doing 2 weddings but the celebration after will not be a fancy reception, no first dance, cake cutting or speeches just celebrating our church ceremony.  Cancun will be where we go all out with our own personal vows, cocktail hour and full on reception. 

It's your wedding do whatever you want to do and have fun!!

Edited by NJBride2014

@@NJBride2014 Thank you!! I KNOW I should do whatever I want, and I do want to do this!! :)

I am more concerned on WHO I send our STD's to, or do we just send out an invitation 5-6 weeks before? Does that look rude? lol.