My Diy Ribbon Chair Covers

Hi Ladies! Attached is a picture of my work in progress chair covers. There's also my inspiration pic from Etsy. Let me know what you think!

post-274900-139684181372_thumb.jpgpost-274900-139684182643_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

cute! How'd you make them? How long did it take you to make each one?

This one took a long time because I kept changing my mind on how I wanted it to look. Haha. I still haven't decided if I want to add a few pieces of lace in to it or not.

I think it will take less than 5 minutes per chair. My future mother in law said she wanted to help so I'm going to enlist her for this one.

It's super simple. I just got the measurements for the chair, cut strips of ribbon to the length I wanted plus one inch. Then I folded the end over in to a loop and used fabric glue to hold the end down. Then a strung a piece of pace through the loop! It took me awhile to decide how many strips I wanted.

I like the look of the inspiration pic with the sheer colors but my table runners an napkins are satin so I was worried the sheer wouldnt blend.

Thanks!

NICE JOB!  If you add lace, I would only do so at the top. The colors are so vibrant & pretty, I think the lace could potentially compete/take away from them. If you do go the lace strips route, then I would only add maybe 2 or 3 spaced out evenly. Just my humble & unsolicited 2 cents. 

I agree with @@csho - stick with the satin. I goes nicely with your napkins. 

Edited by girlinthecity97
  • Like 1

I agree with you, I like the shear but if your napkins and table runners are sating, the ones you made will go so much better!

• Like 1

Thanks ladies! I got it on a chair so the effect is better :)

I don't think I'll add any lace.

The chair is a about an inch taller than the chair will be at the resort. post-274900-139691278563_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ok I changed it up a little bit! Here's a few finished with the table overlays, runners, and napkins that I'm bringing down with me!post-274900-139743489392_thumb.jpgpost-274900-139743490954_thumb.jpgpost-274900-139743492385_thumb.jpg