I think I figured it out! I had to go and start a new topic to be able to add the attachment like you said, but I didn't start the new topic just added the file. Now I think its in my file. Anyhow here my DIY pre-travel brochure! Let me know what you think!

Edited by csho
  • Like 1

This is such a great idea! Can I ask you where you found the template or if you designed it yourself?

I know it is still super early but I just enjoy doing this kind of stuff and it's one more thing to cross off my checklist!

I would like to thank many of you for giving me so much inspiration and also for some of my text which I borrowed from all your great ideas.

FYI I do not plan to mail these until about one or two months before our wedding Lol

Question for you ladies: when are you planning on sending out your pre travel info? Are you sending it separately from your invitations? I have a lot of this info on our wedding website, however, I'm not convinced anyone is reading it :(

I think I figured it out! I had to go and start a new topic to be able to add the attachment like you said, but I didn't start the new topic just added the file. Now I think its in my file. Anyhow here my DIY pre-travel brochure! Let me know what you think!

@@BeachBrideToBe my wedding is June 7th, 2014. I am sending out my invitations early march because I will need to know head count and dinner choice by the time I work on my wedding planning form for the resort ( mid-april)

One month before I am going to be sending out a pre-travel brochure, 2 luggage tags & a CD of songs that my fiance and I will put together to get everyone pumped for mexico. So around May 1st I will send out pre-travel packet.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

I still can't see the image :( 

This is such a great idea! Can I ask you where you found the template or if you designed it yourself?

Question for you ladies: when are you planning on sending out your pre travel info? Are you sending it separately from your invitations? I have a lot of this info on our wedding website, however, I'm not convinced anyone is reading it :(

I got the template from Vistaprint, they have a lot of different options to choose from. 

I am planning on sending out the pre travel info a month before we depart for the wedding. I decided not to do formal invitations because most of guests have booked already and I just didn't see the point anymore. I too have a wedding website and doubt anyone reads anything on it haha. I heard about a wedding app called appy couple where you can also send notifications to your guests. I will have to look more into it. 

I still can't see the image :(

Hmmm I totally thought it was there. But now I can't find it at all :(

Hope it works this  time :)

It only comes up as a word document. But hopefully you'll be able to see it.

@@BeachBrideToBe I sent some of this information on my invitations and then directed guests to my website that had a bunch of information. I am going to send these Pre-Travel Brochures only to guests who have confirmed they are coming to the wedding. I am sending them about 6 weeks ahead of time along with luggage tags I made for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...