Is Anyone Just Having The Simple Cocktail Reception?

We are getting married at an AI and I think we are just doing the semi private reception dinner w/ cake and toasts that is included in the wedding package. I really can't bring myself to pay what they want for an extra reception or food/activities at an AI. Plus we will be having an AHR wen we get back and are putting money into that. Our group is pretty laid back so I think we will have our own party on the beach in between ceremony and dinner (our ceremony is at noon and dinner not until 6). Then see what the resort entertainment is for the evening, or visit the nightclub on premises and keep it simple. We will be going on an excursion either rthe day before or after the wedding so that's something else we will all do together.

Hi danielleandryan2015..I am so glad to read this post becuase my fiance and I were thinking of doing the same thing, but I thought it would not be enough. After reading this the idea sounds more perfect than ever! Do you have any particular excursions that you guys are thinking of doing?

@@fmyers562015..  Well we want to do a couple things but I also want to make them optional as I dont' want to take up our guests whole vacation with wedding stuff. One thing we really want to do though is take our wedding party on a catamaran cruise. I wanted to do it the day before but now I'm thinking maybe the day after the wedding as I don't want anyone having "too" much fun the day before haha! Like I said, we are pretty laid back so I think this will work for us. We will pay for them and then just make it optional for the other guests.

Sounds great!! I heard a catamaran cruise is so much fun!! We want to do that and I was thinking about Dunn's River Falls..a friend of mine was telling me about an excursion on a glass bottom boat, she said u can see everything in the ocean through the glass bottom and they have food and drinks. Did u receive a list of excursions from somewhere or are u picking from research. I was just telling my fiance I have to contact my agent and see if she can let me know if they have a list and where I can get it from.

I have been to Jamaica twice before, so I am just thinking of what I thought was fun. I definitely loved the catamaran but it was pretty much a party "booze" cruise so you need to have the right group! They provide drinks and snacks, stop and let people off to snorkel for a bit, and from our area in Negril cruise up to the cliffs to Ricks Café and watch the cliff divers before heading back. Its a blast! I am sure you can get more laid back ones if you wanted. Also the last time I went we did do a smaller glass bottom boat ride.they did not have food or drinks but it was pretty cool to see everything!

I am going to ask my wedding coordinator for a list of current offerings though as it has been a few years since I have been there. My FI has never been and neither have most of our guests so I'm really excited about it!