Help newbie's get 150 posts

sky186

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandsweet View Post

I still have a STD magnet on my fridge from 6 years ago...  Thought it was a cute picture so have kept it.  The wording was next to the picture so I cut it off and kept the picture.

Always have liked the idea

Yea, I've had a few people text me and tell me they like our pictures so i'm sure those family members that have been nagging me for pics will at the very least leave me alone now...LOL!  I will definitely keep any that I receive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soontobeawalsh View Post

we were originally thinking St Lucia or Costa Rica but the prices scared us away as well

St. Lucia was our original plan ( I mean we had a deposit down with the planner and everything).  We already knew the hotel and the plans were all set until we had to change our date then it just seemed that it was too out of control so I changed everything from 9/27/13 to 5/23/14 in Punta Cana...it was stressful, but the right decision for us and our guests.  the guests and my FH were complaining about the costs and travel time.

Costa Rica...the travel would have cost a bit too much for the various travelers so I nixed that idea too.

We decided to do a honeymoon registry, but we are still a bit undecided between a relaxing once in a lifetime trip (to Fiji, Tahitia, or the Maldives or do a European tour a few months after the wedding which would be fun but not relaxing).  My FH travels a lot so he has a lot of points that can help us plan a trip so we just need to decide on the location and the time we really want to go.

I think St. Lucia would be awesome!  I told my FH that we must go there at some point even if our wedding venue changed.  I think the country looks beautiful from what I've seen and from what I've read it appears that the people are really nice.

Don't worry, I have a long list of places too.  I'm starting to wonder if we really want kids or if we really just want to travel the world together forever...LOL

Hahaha yes bc once the kids come you can kiss luxury trips goodbye. Well at least not as often as now. I want to get started on kids about four years from now. So i know that i want a nice the hooneymoon. Well that depends also on the number of ppl that attend our wedding. Its starts to seem out of control

I keep telling my fiancé this, but I think his mind is thinking he'll be able to do both.  I know better than that though...lol.  Right now, I just want a nice honeymoon so I have a good memory of life before kids with just us.  So, if it takes us a few years to be able to take a really nice trip I won't be too sad...