Unique/Different Ceremony Locations -- Help!

Hello Ladies!

My fiance and I are planning an early January wedding in Cancun/Playa del Carmen area.  I'm SO excited about having a destination wedding... except for one thing!  All of ceremony sites at the resorts I've looked at all look the same!  Quick! Close your eyes and imagine a beach wedding!  Or WAIT!  A gazebo wedding!  Yep, they ALL look the same!  I'm getting quite frustrated trying to find something "different".  I'm not even sure if it exists at this point!  We are a little limited because my son will be attending (12 years old), so I've had to rule out some of the all-inclusive resorts right away.  Please, please, please share any unique venues that you are aware of before I pull out all of my hair! :)

PS, I've already looked at Xcaret, but had to nix that out because of all of the extra expenses!

Hola! Congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding!

We love that you are searching for something unique! We work with many brides like yourself, who don't want a resort package and are looking for something different.

A cool idea is having a spiritual or Mayan ceremony at one of the beautiful cenotes in the area. Mayan ceremonies in general are unique and different, full of color and tradition, and a cenote is an incredible place for a very private ceremony in an incredible setting.

Check out our Cenote Weddings.

Good luck!

Hello Lizzie!

Erica & Maria are right!

There are many options to hold a ceremony in the area, and many other options instead of the Gazebos or Chuppah.

Here are our suggestions:

1. If you want to stick in an all inclusive resort, our favorite will be the Hacienda Tres Rios because they have many different options among the nature to hold a ceremony.

2. If you are looking for a private location Secret Jewel will be our favorite option.  

3. Cenotes will be an amazing option with a 100% original mayan Shaman you can have an ancestral ceremony.

I am attaching some photos, links and videos from all the options above.

Happy planning!

http://delsolphotography.com/blog/content/galleries/?gal=260

http://www.abrilliantphoto.com/blog/pamela-david-•-las-ranitas-tulum-mexico/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi lizzieqball!

There are so many options for unique weddings in this area! If you are set on an all inclusive (for the ease of your guests, etc), talk openly with your coordinator about wanting something DIFFERENT. Many places will go out of their way to make your day totally special. 

You may consider something really unique, we recently shot a wedding in Pueblo Sacbe and Villas Valhalla in Akumal. Villas are a fab way to make the wedding truly personal! Here are some photos, be sure to click here for Unique Riviera Maya Wedding.

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

You might also consider a cosmic ceremony in a cenote, very unique way to celebrate your love! Click here for the Cenote Cosmic Wedding!

You could also look at beach clubs, haciendas, other villas, churches. Hope this helps inspire, happy planning!