Megan's June 2013 Azul Sensatori Planning Journal - LONG with LOTS of DIY and PICS

Originally Posted by MMK0386 View Post

Resort/TA/WC:

Dan and I knew we wanted to have a Destination Wedding before we even got engaged. Our family and friends are so spread out that we knew there would be a lot of traveling involved regardless, and we are HUGE beach lovers, so for us it was just an easy and obvious decision. We had no idea how to plan a DW, so I googled it and found DestinationWeddings.com. Through them, I was assigned a TA, Marcia, who has been a gem. She helped us decide on a location and had us do a webinar on Karisma resorts within a week. We immediately felt like Azul Sensatori was the place for us, so we set the date and booked a room block right away. 

Once we booked our room block, Marcia put me in contact with our off-site WC, Erika. She has also been a gem and has helped me plan my wedding just the way I want it!

Getting Organized:

Once I was well on my way into planning I decided I HAD to get organized. I am a huge organizer, list maker, etc. I found this awesome website with all kinds of FREE printables and made my own Wedding Planning Journal.

I organized my main tabs along the side into:

Budget/Timeline/Calendars

Guests

Attire

Welcome & Rehearsal Dinners

Ceremony

Cocktail Hour & Reception

Photography

Travel & Accommodations

The, along the top I sub-divided each category as needed.

This was my first wedding project and I love this silly little binder to this day! I love that since it's all in one place, it's something I will hold on to forever and always be able to go back and look at to remember the year I planned my wedding.

Here is a link to the printables:

http://www.russellandhazel.com/PDF/WeddingTemplate.pdf

Even if you are not an overly organized person, I highly recommend checking out the printables bc you might find even just 2 or 3 that simplify your life. :)

Thank You this will be a HUGE help!! I love to be organized also!!!

Originally Posted by MMK0386 View Post

Hi girls!

So we got back from our wedding almost a week ago and I am so sad it's all over. sad.gif we had the most amazing time and I can't wait to go back! I won't go int detail because I do plan to wrote a review and post the last few projects that didn't make it to my planning thread :)

My photographer, Samuel Luna, was amazing and it will take 8 weeks (7 more weeks from today!) to get all the pictures. That seems like an eternity to me but gives me high hopes of them being amazing! If it takes 8 weeks to edit pictures they must be awesome! In the meantime here are 2 teasers he posted (both from our TTD):

Congrats!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Your planning thread has been so helpful! I keep coming back to it to look and get ideas! I love it!!! I'm currently planning my DW in Mexico and you have me so excited! 
That's awesome! Congrats!! And I'm glad I could help give ideas and inspiration. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Congratulations, you looked beautiful!! Thank you SO much for sharing! Your threads have been immensely helpful! I'm having a rather large DW and wondering if I can do all the decorations myself. I'll keep reseaching, but you have some really great ideas which I may be "borrowing". It's funny bc I've always liked the quote you used in your passport invite too, I think it fits FI and my relationship. =)

• 2 months later...