After Dinner Dance Reception

Our wedding is small...about 35 guests. We are having a 6pm ceremony on the beach, cocktail hour, and then dinner...all which will take up 3 hours bringing us to 9pm. We planned for a bonfire/lounge/beach party w/ a DJ, but with only 1 hour available to us I'm concerned that my guests will feel rushed. Any thoughts or advice?? What are your experiences???

Again, here's the breakdown:

6pm - Ceremony

6:30 - Cocktail Hour

7:30 - Dinner

9:00 - Bonfire/Beach Party

11pm - After-party @ local nightclub

d311eaa195c0945e7f1f2b0517b6c350.jpg

hi there! I'd tend to agree - you probably don't need a DJ for that time frame. If you have a dedicated & trusted friend, they can help you run through the timing of the evening, and you can put your playlist for your bonfire/lounge time on an iPod. You could also put dinner/background music on it to play through the meal. 

Originally Posted by helovestica View Post

Thank you for your feedback! I was thinking the same thing. I just don't really know how everything will flow without a DJ. Hmmm...

hi there! I'd tend to agree - you probably don't need a DJ for that time frame. If you have a dedicated & trusted friend, they can help you run through the timing of the evening, and you can put your playlist for your bonfire/lounge time on an iPod. You could also put dinner/background music on it to play through the meal. 

Originally Posted by helovestica View Post

Thank you for your feedback! I was thinking the same thing. I just don't really know how everything will flow without a DJ. Hmmm...

• 6 months later...