Hello everyone,

I was wondering if any of you plan of doing games at their wedding ??

I you are, what kind of game are you planning ??

We only have 4 hours for the reception and i am not sure if we will have enough time to play some games.

Thank you !!!

Our reception was just 4 hours, and it went by FAST. We did a lot of dancing vs. any games though. I think it really depends on your guests, and what sort of celebration YOU want.

I think a game in the middle may have been a good break from the dancing. The one I like is the shoe game - the bride & groom have 1 of their own shoes, and 1 of the other's shoes. They are sitting back to back so they can't see the other's answer. Someone reads off statements, and then the bride & groom hold up the shoe as their answer of which one of them fits the statement best. The statements should be written by a close friend or family member - and kept "secret" from the B&G.

The statements can be funny like "most likely to leave the toothpaste uncapped", or "most likely to leave a dirty cup in the sink", or more risque or whatever best fits the couple.

HTH! Happy planning!

A photo booth provides hours of great FUN too.......and gives your guests a break from dancing for awhile, as well as the opportunity to record a video message of congrats to the bride + groom......or just add some hilarious props to photos they're putting in the couple's album for a keepsake. It's a Blast :)

I think any sort of party game - cornhole (bean bag toss!), pitching washers, etc. If your group is pretty rambunctious and not shy, you can do some the cheesy ones like pass the lifesaver on a toothpick, unrolling the toilet paper over/under a line per team (first one to finish the roll wins!), twister, etc.

You can have dominoes, cards, or any other game too. It's all about the feel that you want the reception to have!

• 1 month later...