My nautilus shell flower girl basket (DIY)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!  Can't wait to see yours.  :)  I'm a little worried about getting it there unscathed but I'll just bubble wrap it really well and cross my fingers.
My shell came in the mail yesterday and I forgot I ordered a cinch shell instead. Lol I have so many wedding plans running though my head I can't even remember what I'm doing. Anyway- I'm so bummed bc even though it said it measured 6 inches (which it does at its absolute longest point) it's way to tiny to use in the way I had imagined. ....back to the drawing board I guess. Maybe I'll look at the seller you used on eBay. How big is your shell?

Originally Posted by MK0386 View Post

My shell came in the mail yesterday and I forgot I ordered a cinch shell instead. Lol I have so many wedding plans running though my head I can't even remember what I'm doing. Anyway- I'm so bummed bc even though it said it measured 6 inches (which it does at its absolute longest point) it's way to tiny to use in the way I had imagined. ....back to the drawing board I guess. Maybe I'll look at the seller you used on eBay. How big is your shell?

oh how annoying! i totally know what you mean - some days i don't even know my own name.  haha.  mine is between 6 and 7 inches and the opening is 4"x3.75", so plenty big for a little girl to get her hands in to grab some petals.  i can easily get my fingers in there - i was actually pleasantly surprised by the size, i think it's perfect.  if you had a really long aisle it might not hold enough petals but i think it's great!  good luck.  also, i think she sells on etsy with the same seller name.

here's the one i bought http://www.ebay.com/itm/WHITE-PEARLIZED-CHAMBERED-NAUTILUS-SEA-SHELL-DECOR-6-7-7087-/160938357291?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2578ac722b#ht_2529wt_932 and she also has a 5-6 in one here http://www.ebay.com/itm/WHITE-PEARLIZED-CHAMBERED-NAUTILUS-SEA-SHELL-DECOR-5-6-7086-/160954762314?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2579a6c44a#ht_2529wt_932

and here on etsy!  http://www.etsy.com/listing/118211828/white-pearl-pearlized-chambered-nautilus?

Originally Posted by avonladee View Post

This is so cute! I still don't have a basket for my daughter :/

i highly recommend this if you like it - sooo simple, probably the easiest DIY i've done.  some ribbon some hot glue, maybe 10 mins, done!