Newbie - not sure where to start!!

My fiancee and I are looking to get married in the Dominican next year, think out of the Caribbean it seems to offer good choice and value for money!  We will likely only have 4 guests, and would like a relaxed beach wedding, with a meal afterwards directly on or overlooking the beach - I have seen pictures of lovely candlelit tables on the beach, candlelit trails towards the gazebo on the beach - thats the sort of thing I am looking for!

I don't know if its best to go with a big tour operator like Thomsons or Virgin or one of the other smaller companies - there are so many of everything to choose from!  Looking for some guidance, on things like choosing a photographer and general info - when is nice to go to the dominican? x

Congrats! Not sure about DR sites or resorts but this site should give you lots of info! Be sure to read lots of reviews here and all around before choosing! As far as a TA I'm not sure, I happen to know one and it came easy for us. I would probably recommend calling aound to a couple smaller companies and requesting info or pricing for your date. Not sure on that one though. as far as a photog yourdef in the right place! You can navigate to your destination and find vendors and reviews that are specific to your location :) I would start be choosing a resort or your venue and seeing what packages they offer. Some packages come with photographers:)