• 5 months later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be more than happy to share except I don't really know.  Haha.  We didn't *really* use a pattern, but this is close to what we did.  I looked around for a tutorial to share but nothing was very similar.  This is the closest one.  http://www.designsponge.com/2012/07/diy-project-mesh-screen-beach-bag.html  Our process went like this:

1. cut the pet screen (I don't have measurements bc we ended up with several different sizes - i think our smallest ones are 19 inches wide and around 14 tall?  don't quote me on that.)

2, pin the ribbon or whatever you're using down the middle (I marked a straight line with chalk first)

3. sew the ribbon on

4. fold a little lip down, pin, and sew, on both ends so you don't have things poking out on the top edge

5. using a REALLY GOOD grommet tool or REALLY GOOD giant hole punch, make holes and install grommets.  I honestly don't recommend this because it was a huge pain in the *ss but I do like the way it looks.  I also went through LOTS of hole punchers before I found one that worked, because none of the grommet tools I tried were sharp enough to get through 2 layers of pet screen AND the ribbon.

6. sew up the sides (when you're done the bag should be inside out)

7. sew a diagonal triange thing at each bottom corner (this is optional, but gives the bags a rounded look and reinforces the corners)

8. turn it inside out/now it's actually right side out (sorry if i'm not making sense, this is hard to explain)

tie your handles on.  i reinforced my knots with super glue just so they wouldn't slip out.

hope that helps! 

• 1 month later...