So I kind of cheated on my dress…. Opinions Please

I say go with the dress you love. You will find shoes you like. I also would say go with a 2" heel - if the dress isn't flush against the floor, I don't know that it'll make that big of a difference.

Are there any options for a skilled seamstress to add another layer to the bottom of your 1st dress for the extra length you want for heels? maybe a bit of tulle at the bottom, or even another layer of the pleats/ruffles?

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

I say go with the dress you love. You will find shoes you like. I also would say go with a 2" heel - if the dress isn't flush against the floor, I don't know that it'll make that big of a difference.

Are there any options for a skilled seamstress to add another layer to the bottom of your 1st dress for the extra length you want for heels? maybe a bit of tulle at the bottom, or even another layer of the pleats/ruffles?

Allie, you are a genius.  I have raised this concern to my friends, family and even my Fi (who respond by saying "I thought you wanted your dress to cover your feet"...doesn't get it) and you're the first to suggest this. I didn't even consider this option and it's seemingly the easiest remedy and hopefully cost effective. My seamstress has quite the reputation so I feel confident that she should be able to pull this off.  And I'll be able to wear fantastic shoes! FYI...Wearing 1" heels, the dress is 1/4" off the ground .

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

what a great idea!

ok, this short chick has major envy of your height! cheesy.gif

crossing fingers that your seamstress can come up with a way to add a bit of length for you and let you rock that dress!!

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 View Post

Allie, you are a genius.  I have raised this concern to my friends, family and even my Fi (who respond by saying "I thought you wanted your dress to cover your feet"...doesn't get it) and you're the first to suggest this. I didn't even consider this option and it's seemingly the easiest remedy and hopefully cost effective. My seamstress has quite the reputation so I feel confident that she should be able to pull this off.  And I'll be able to wear fantastic shoes! FYI...Wearing 1" heels, the dress is 1/4" off the ground .

• 1 month later...